This was the 4th visit to Chennai in the last 18 months. After reviewing so many positive reviews on the Raintree Anna Salai (plus the fact we stayed at Radisson Blue GST twice already). We decided to give it a try.
* clean/new rooms
* very helpful staffs
* very good choice of breakfast
* restaurants are great, tried "The Kitchen" for breakfast, "Madras" and "Up North" for dinner, they offer very good range and very tasty Indian meals
* feeling secure - floors can only be accessed with room cards
* not far from the airport
* airport transfer is not free
* hire car provided by the hotel cost almost twice than what Radisson Blu GST offered, I ended up calling the car company Radisson Blu GST recommended me. I would have not known I was overcharged on cars if not stayed at Radisson earlier.
If compare to Radisson Blu GST, Raintree has newer facilities and more choice for dining. However, it somehow lacks the personal touch shown in Radisson Blu.
A tough decision - neck to neck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raintree Anna Salai Hotel is located a 20-minute drive from Chennai International Airport. It provides well-appointed rooms and 5-star facilities like a Swimming Pool, spa and a GYM. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available for 24 hours. Rooms are tastefully decorated with wooden flooring and large windows which come with a flat-screen cable TV, coffee/tea maker and iron and Ironing Board. Select rooms have a bathtub in the bathroom. Guests can pamper themselves with massages and body treatments at the spa or take a dip in the large outdoor pool. There is also a well-equipped fitness center for guests convenience at The Raintree Anna Salai. The Raintree Hotel offers a memorable dining experience at its rooftop restaurant -UP North with stunning views of Chennai's skyline accompany the delicious meals. Both a local and international menu is available. Located in Chennai, The Raintree Hotel Anna Salai is a 15-minute drive from Chennai Central Train Station. Nearby tourist attractions include Marina Beach, the Santhome Cathedral Basilica and Kapalashewar Temple. The hotel is about 3 km from the United States Consulate in Chennai. T - Nagar is a great choice for travelers interested in Shopping for clothes, Shopping and Culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai Hotel Chennai (Madras)