“Excellent stayover point for business meets or personal stay”

Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
Ranked #90 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
Mumbai
“Excellent stayover point for business meets or personal stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great place if you are halting for your business meets or personal trips.
Well planned, neat and comfortable rooms
Dining experience was great. Food was superb and hygine was prioritised as expected
Prompt room service and very courteous staff.
I would recommend this place without reservations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Ramoxyllin
Royal Orchid C, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, responded to this review, 24 April 2012

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central, Jaipur!

Thank you for your recent stay at Royal Orchid Central, Jaipur and your feedback. We are extremely delighted and humbled by your comments and this will only encourage us to work harder to provide you with quality service and hospitality. We are glad we could create some great moments during your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back at Royal Orchid Central, Jaipur.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Rooms are updated, clean, the food is great. I definitely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

jaipur
Reviewed 21 April 2012

my business at jaipur was made most remarkable and full of excitement. my room servise was superb and the linens were most hygenic and clean added with personal care.

Room Tip: choose rooms at the back side
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'd read the reviews in tripadvisor, which are also mixed, but felt it was worth staying here. In the end I don't regret it, but I do have some serious reservations about the hotel. First of all, I do note that hotel management reply to posts here, but I've noticed they are very stock replies. I'm not convinced that some of the long-standing complaints are taken seriously. So, I'll give as honest a review as I can, and also point out some of the excellent aspects of the hotel. The other three hotels we stayed at on our India trip were 5-star, so I am being careful not to compare unfairly.

When we arrived (flight from Goa) we were told our room would be ready in 10 minutes. Not a big deal, it was dinner time, so we went to the Chinese restaurant Ginseng on the first floor. It was excellent, and very good value indeed- excellent cocktails too, and attentive service. Our first room was 806. It was really not good. The bath had mould, cracked and peeling fixings. When you tried to insert a plug in the wall next to the desk, the wall moved in, and there were cracks around it. My partner immediately went to reception and complained. We were moved to room 708, which was better. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room is very quiet, we slept very well. The desk chair back wasn't fixed properly, and fell back when you leaned against it. TV a bit smaller than the other hotels, but worked perfectly well, and had a lot of channels. The minibar wasn't terrifically stocked, but was pretty cheap! The towels are definitely cheap- and below the standard I'd expect. Interestingly, the pool towels were much better!

Quite a major thing which we didn't notice until the next day. We could occasionally hear the sound of what I presume to be pigeon chicks! I suspect they've found their way into the a/c system (or its tunnels) as the sound came from the vents. This disturbed us, but to be honest we couldn't be bothered changing rooms again, and didn't complain about it. We're still alive, so I don't think any great harm was done. We did write about this in our feedback at the end of the trip.

Breakfast buffet was fine- relatively limited 'western' selection (no cold cuts etc.) but great omelettes on demand. Very good selection of Indian breakfast treats too- worth trying them! Coffee tasted instant. Service very good.

The pool does have a pigeon problem, the netting has lots of holes and entrance points the birds can get into, and there's no attendant to keep them away (as you'd get at the 5-star hotels we stayed in)- we did take a dip (and lived to tell the tale), and the whole rooftop area offers excellent views over the city- pity they can't develop it more, it had a bar area on the other side, but it seems not to be used any more.

On check out, there was a farce as the downstairs credit card machine wasn't working. Also, they applied dynamic currency conversion without asking us- this is very bad practice. The rate was OK, but I lost a little bit as a I have a very good card for foreign currency transactions.

Their taxi service is excellent. We hired a drive for a day (8 hours) to see several sites (including Amber fort) and it came to 2000 rupees plus tax. On departure we hired a car/driver to travel to Agra, and the next day onto the airport in Delhi for our return. He (Bhawani) was excellent!

I hope this review is helpful- you can see I've tried to point out both the good as well as the bad points. The service is generally very good- I'm confident that we could have been moved if we'd complained about the pigeons. But, I hope the management reads this complaint and takes it seriously. I would choose another hotel on a future visit to Jaipur.

Room Tip: Ask to move if you're not happy. Get a high floor room, they have great views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidGHorne
Royal Orchid C, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Mr. David,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central, Jaipur!

Thank you for recent stay at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur and for your valuable feedback. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay. We have initiated the needful with regards to the issues highlighted by you related to the Room, Rooftop Net, Laundry as well as the Credit Card machine. Unfortunately, we will not be able to do much with regards to the pigeons, they were not in the air Conditioning system but the sound travels at times from the ledge outside.
Your appreciation for Bhawani has also been passed on to him.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Royal Orchid Central, Jaipur and giving us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I and my family stayed at the Royal Orchid Central Jaipur for three nights in the first week of April, 2012. Though I had seen the photos of the hotel before checking in, my first impression upon entering the hotel was that of a strictly-for-business-traveller kind of property with no gardens/landscaping and the most sparse and no-frills main lobby/front desk that I had ever seen in any four-start hotel.
But my impression and experience began to change for the better after checking into the room. The room and bathroom were well maintained, the bed was comfortable and the a/c was efficient. The room was stocked with a cooler containing several beverages and a tray with snacks (both non-complimentary). The concierge and room service were prompt and courteous. The terrace of the hotel (it is a multi-storeyed property located near the heart of the city) has a good gymnasium and decent swimming pool with a nice view of the city. We used the hotel rent-a-taxi service for our pick-up, drop-off and a half-day visit to the fort outside Jaipur and found the service quality to be good. The breakfast buffet is very good and the service is nice.
The early morning check-out was smooth and we were glad to get the packed sandwiches just as we had requested the evening before.
On the whole, a nice experience. I recommend the hotel for people who are looking for ease of accessibility from the city centre and railway station (the airport is very far away though) and value-for-money in a star hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Royal Orchid C, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, responded to this review, 12 April 2012