All reviews the central bus station sight seeing clean rooms ac city sheets
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We ended up at Sugandh Retreat after our orignal booking at a different hotel turned out not to admit foreigners!

It has a particularly good location if you are arriving on a bus - we could walk there from our bus drop off point and it's really near the central bus station and a train station.

Sugandh is big and spacious with clean rooms and good facilities. The beds are comfortable, although our sheet was a very strange texture.

The staff are really helpful and made our stay great.

I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and travelling to Jaipur.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Ordinary Place. It has good and helpful staff. It has a good ambiance. If you are not looking for anything too fancy, this is the perfect place for you. It is reasonable and has a great advantage with respect to location. The rooms are clean and tidy and safe.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights after reading lot of positive reviews on TripAdvisor.
But my experience was not that great. We reached there around 9PM and the check-in procedure was pretty fast.

Then we decided to have dinner and were welcomed by their shabby restaurant with leaky roof ! We were served some pathetic food after 45mins of placing the order and we were charged a bomb for the food.

I had booked a Delux AC room and found that AC was not working. Later on they moved us to another room where the AC was working but TV and Geyser were not in working condition ! Not a single ray of sunlight could enter into this room. Not something one expects in a "Delux" room.

Before all this, I had asked them to help me with booking a cab for sight seeing. The driver was well behaved and soft spoken. But the trouble started relating to the price issue. We visited Pushkar and were back in Jaipur by 6PM but the driver refused to take us to any place inside the city citing higher charges. Again the following day, we faced similar issues. It seemed that the hotel guys were arm twisting the Cab driver to charge higher fares.

Coming back to the hotel property, it is a pretty old, ill maintained property. I had never seen torn curtains, torn table cloths and torn bedsheets in any hotel before visiting this place.

The support staff were friendly and the location of the hotel is good. The rooms were silent. Apart from this, I cannot find any pros with Sugnadh Retreat. At the time of checkout, I was not even given a bill.

Since I had paid for 3 nights in advance, I decided to endure it. Also, we used to roam all day and stay in the room only at night, which kind of made it bearable. Otherwise, I am sure there must be much better places in Jaipur available for this price. Best to avoid it.

Room Tip: Avoid the place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I was recommended to stay here through a wonderful tuk tuk driver named Sonu Kumar (+919829554931) and have not been disappointed! I have stayed here for three nights and have enjoyed my stay. The food here is great and the service is also fantastic, I certainly recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We had just arrived in the area and were welcomed to this lovely hotel, where the staff were very polite and helpful. It had everything we needed hot water clean sheets and privacy, and for a very reasonable price. There is a very nice and relaxing Garden at the front of the hotel where you can sit and relax after a long hot day. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to any would be traveller.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends