The Raj era lives on at Rambagh Palace
This is my second visit to Rambagh Palace. This time our group was entertained with High Tea in the splendidly kept garden grounds. It was as if we were transported to a time that once excelled in pomp, ceremony and grandeur, only this time we were just ordinary people wanting to experience the cream of high society. High tea was served in the gardens where peacocks strolled about as if nothing had changed over the years. There were varied menus in reference to high tea, we chose the one that offered the countless types of tea to suit multiple tastebuds. The tea was served from individual teapots and strainers so as not to blend flavors. The tiered sweet and savory plates had an assortment of many cakes, pastries, jams and jellies along with finger sandwiches. We exchanged polite conversation and pleasantries during our tea and realized that the time had lapsed into the early evening. At this time we noticed that royal dignitaries were indeed coming to the palace that evening by all the pomp and ceremonial costumes adorned by the camels elephants, guards and horses. What a sight! Unfortunately we had to head off for the airport and missed the arrival of .......... guess who?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces: Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising over 119 hotels in 61 locations across India with an additional 17 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rambagh Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Taj Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Hotel Jaipur