Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 151
USD 119
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 141/night.

USD 107
USD 56
Priceline
USD 132
USD 80
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 95/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
USD 508
USD 344
  • Pool
All reviewspastry shopkemps cornertraditional namastebutter chickensouth mumbaisandwich barlifestyle suiteindian foodcomfort roomlobby levelcompact hotelpillow menulounge barthis lovely hotelrecommend this hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyable stay
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I was booked to stay at the Shalimar Hotel for two nights in November 2017 and extending the stay for one more night was no issue for the staff! The hotel is well equipped where everything worked. The food service was excellent. The staff were most proficient, courteous and helpful who made my stay great. I will have no reservations about staying at the Shalimar any time!

Stayed: November 2017
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Another1234,

Thank you for taking the time out to put up a review of The Shalimar Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. It has been our constant endeavor as a team to provide the best of The Shalimar Hotel to all our guests. Your words are a source of inspiration and encouragement for us to continue in our efforts.

While we thank you once again for appreciating our food in Gulmurg and recommending our hotel to others, we look forward to have your continued support and patronage in future to come. Please feel free to contact me for any future requirements.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The hotel is spacious with fabulous interiors. Amazing hospitality that made me more comfortable. The hotel is located in city center so its very accessible. The hotels lobby has small and very good ambiance. The hotels spa is fabulous, the bed was so comfortable, neat and clean especially the decor of bed was very good i really liked it. The concept was yellow and orange color was good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Swetha P,

Whilst we thank you once again for appreciating our housekeeping standards , ambience and hotel as a whole, we look forward to have your continued support and patronage in future to come .Please feel free to contact me for any future requirements.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights. Very happy with the hotel. The service, room and food were all good. The location is great and the staff was very helpful. Must try the Indian food in the restaurant, especially butter chicken and cheese naan, outstanding.
Cake shop was also very good.
Would gladly stay here again

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear jssmith902018,

While we thank you once again for appreciating our food served in the restaurant, cakes in The Bakerie and the hotel as a whole , we look forward to have your continued support and patronage in future to come. Please feel free to contact me for any future requirements.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I had one of the worst hotel stay experiences of my life at Shailmar. The hotel management told me that it was my fault. Who knows, maybe they are right.

I live in a town off Mumbai and since I had to attend an event in South Mumbai, my host booked me into Shalimar. The first unpleasantness was when I checked-in in the evening. I got a smoking room. For me that is equivalent of serving meat to a vegetarian. I called the reception and was told very brusquely that my host had not asked for a non smoking room. Well, in few decades of travel, I have only once got a smoking room, which was promptly swapped. I was under the impression that smokers had to ask for smoking rooms not the other way around. Probably the management was right and I was wrong. Who knows?

I came back from the event around 1 and promptly went to sleep. Around 1.30 I was woken up by the sound of drill in the room right below me. If you haven’t had the experience of drill work being done in a room adjacent to you then I must tell you that it is very very noisy. Being in the room is almost impossible, let alone sleeping. I called the reception and they assured me very politely that they will take care of the problem. I did not make a fuss as it was probably my mistake - After all I hadn't specified that I wanted a room without noise had I?

Around 3.30 I was woken up again because the drill had started again. I went to the reception, who called up the worker using the drill and told him to stop the work. Wiser from my experience, I specifically asked the drill not to be started again till 9.00 a.m. The hotel was very good at complying with this specific request.

There were no drill noises till the time I checked out. There were noises of light hammering through the night but then I realized that I hadn't asked for all work to be shut down at night only the drill work.

It is possible that Shalimar is an excellent place to stay as the many other reviews suggest. However, I would advise you to be very specific about what you like. For example, ask for non-smoking, non-noisy rooms with working AC and running water. In fact, you would probably need to be way more specific than that.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Yogesh U
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Yogesh U,

Thank you for the time you have taken in providing a feedback of your stay with us. We are now in the 54th year of existence and we have always given a lot of importance to guest feedback and have our best to provide the best possible service to all our guests .We are constantly upgrading and renovating our facilities so that we can give the best to our esteemed guests. We would like to apologise to the inconveniences you faced during your stay, however, we would like to state on record a few observations of the sequence of events during your stay with us. We have done a thorough investigation of the complaint raised by you.

It is also indicated that there was no requests made from your host for a non-smoking room and nor any other preferences. At the time of check in also it wasn’t brought to our notice that you had required a non-smoking room. Hence the room was allotted as per our standard operating practice, On your request for a non-smoking room, we fulfilled it immediately by upgrading you to a life style suite complimentary.

The municipal corporation authority of the city had undertaken the civil work for a few days during your stay and this work was being carried on past mid night. We would like to inform you that your host had made a similar compliant to us about the drilling post mid night. We had reached the officials of the authority requesting them not to carry on with the civil work post mid night, however, since the work was in the public interest, our request was turned down.

Whilst I wish to apologize about the inconvenience caused to you, please make a note that stopping this work was beyond over control.
I would request you most sincerely to accept my apology on the same. You may please feel free to contact me in future for your requirements.

Deepak Varunkar

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Decent hotel, good coffee shop decent service and Good food and ambiance, located in breach candy right in the central location of kemps corner with shopping and restaurants nearby, good place from to explore South Mumbai

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear hiral m,

Whilst we thank you once again for appreciating our food, service and hotel as a whole,we look forward to have your continued patronage and support.

Deepak Varunkar