“Good Place to stay with an access to the beach”
Review of Hotel Sea Princess

Hotel Sea Princess
Ranked #91 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 19 October 2017

The stay was pleasant for the 3 nights i spent there. Check in was smooth...since there was a lack of King size bed in my category they upgraded me (with a little bit of haggling though)..The room was spacious and had all the basic amenities. Stay was comfortable. Had an access to the beach,,which was good...Pool looked good however did not use it..Breakfast was good, however felt the Dosas could have been better. Room service menu can offer a little more of variety considering what the Hotel had to offer in the other restaurant. Check out was smooth.

Stayed: October 2017
GM-Mehta, General Manager at Hotel Sea Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sea Princess, Mumbai and taking your time out to share your experience with us on trip advisor!

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

WARNING- if you are paying a security amount to this hotel be careful!!! We stayed from 26-28th September and paid 4000 INR as security. They have not returned it till now inspite of continuous follow up. They don't call back either.

The hotel claims to be a 5 star only basis of being a sea side property. Rest nothing is 5 star about it.

Rooms have old furniture, soggy smell & old bath fittings.

Breakfast layout is decent but good quality that of a 3 star hotel. The staff asked me to pay extra for the fruit 'kiwi' when I was picking fruits from fruit basket laid out at the buffet.

Wifi is chargeable only for online bookings in today's date where most bookings are online. If you directly book with the hotel it isn't!

Ground staff, waiting staff is nice but managerial and above is pathetic. Not at all helpful and cooperative. To everything they had one answer- it's a policy.

We travel a lot for business and leisure. This is one of the worst and the value one gets for the price is really low.

Not returning there for sure. There are much better hotels.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njthegypsy
GM-Mehta, General Manager at Hotel Sea Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,

The bookings made on our Brand website offer complimentary Wifi and airport transfers.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I have stayed here a few times. The services and facilities were average, not bad. The location is good, which has been the prime the reason of my choice. However recently I had booked this property through a portal with a "No Cancellation Fee" which was to end 48 hours before arrival. Due to very inclement weather in Mumbai my meetings got cancelled and I informed the property that I will not be checking in, which I did about 36 hours before scheduled arrival. I did not want a refund. I proposed a new date where the booking could be shifted agreeing to pay any extra costs. The answer was clear 'no". So I was charged 2 full days (about Rs 18000) without stepping in to the property. Legally they had a right to do what they did. I thought I should put this up for those who want to go beyond just the amenities that a hotel offers

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

The bookings made on our Brand website offer complimentary Wifi, airport transfers and a flexible cancellation policy.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

The sea princess most fraud hotel seen in my life as they referred me to take a membership and once i got convinced as paid for my membership and there were some amenities to be given as per the mail they sent me and later they totally changed their statement..I cancelled my membership and asked for the refund so they were suppose to refund back month but they failed on their commitments and now stopped reverting back and answering calls..never seen a pathetic and unprofessional fraud hotel like this..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank nikkhielp
GM-Mehta, General Manager at Hotel Sea Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We have raised the issue with the concern department to resolve the matter and to better facilitate in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Oceanic Delights

It is one thing to look like a celebrity and just another when someone makes you feel like one! I experienced this exacting feeling at the Sea Princess Hotel, in Mumbai. I cannot thank Jerson Monterey Jack and his team enough to enliven my spirits and transport me straight to cloud nine!

I started off with a ‘mixed berry juice’, dominated by fresh strawberries. This totally revved my spirits and I couldn’t wait to down the sumptuous spread on the buffet. The buffet imparted a global air with dishes from around the world dotting the rather enticing spread.
The presentation of the salads and dessert was simply awe-inspiring. I was amazed at the creativity that was invested in each of the dishes. The flavours were authentic, and the food was fresh; and cooked to finger-licking perfection.

I started off the chef’s very special, ‘Organic Garden Green salad’, complete with orange scented quinoa quenelles, caramelized walnuts, and herb crusted crisps.
I also savoured the activated charcoal scented ‘Pav Bhaji Di Gaddi’ (A very rural but most cherished mixed vegetable preparation cooked in a special assortment of spices, served with bread, finely chopped onions, pomegranate seeds, and a crispy savoury snack called ‘Sev’.
I couldn’t but marvel at the ‘Chemistry Lab’, a shredded chicken dish topped off with cream, and roasted on a skewer on an open fire kiln (tandoor).
The biryani too was differently presented. The neatly piled rice was topped off with a patty (meat / vegetarian) and flat bread, and was completed with a ‘Papad’ (A crispy roasted lentil savoury, which is often preferred fried as well). The array of other dishes included the wood tossed pizzas, which a thin and crispy base, a melange of vegetables that included the famed corn and spinach mix completed in Indian spices, the ‘Sahi vegetable mix’ (completed in a creamy gravy), and a lot more. The list continues onward to a black lentil prep, a ‘Pulav’ (a vegetable and meat infused rice preparation complete with the fragrant aroma of saffron), Haka Noodles (A Chinese favourite), Ravioli (Tossed in red sauce and olives), Mixed vegetable done in hot bean sauce and shezwan, stir fried vegetables and a lot more.

I also cherished the desserts that were skilfully arted to perfection. I cannot stop ranting about the delicious ‘Walnut Halva’ (finely grinded walnuts, tossed in clarified butter, and cooked with sugar, cardamom, and saffron), the caramel custard, enticing array of cheesecakes, fruit panacottas, some fusion desserts, and many more. What starred the show was the ‘Chocolate Bomb’ (another of the chef’s special) complete with a creamy cheesecake, and a whiskey caramel hot sauce, parked inside a chocolate dome. The dish delectably opens up as molten chocolate is poured onto the chocolate dome, revealing the internal goodies.

The restaurant overlooks the Mumbai horizon and the beachy reserves that border the city. I caught a whiff of the upcoming winter into my hair. The Sea Princess Hotel serves as a the perfect brunch destination, frequented by the city’s celebrity circuit. Truly Chef Jerson Monterey Jack can make one feel like a star at any hour!

Room Tip: beach view