Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for two night on our way home from Goa.
The hotel is beautiful, decor is breathtaking and the room was more than adequate with a lovely bathroom and nice view over the swimming pool. However, there is construction going on just over the wall from the swimming pool and thereby the pool will be very over looked.
The hotel is about 5 minutes drive from the airport and we were ripped off by the taxi driver who charged us 1000 rupees (about £15). Food in the hotel is very nice but very expensive. Drinks are likewise very expensive - Cocktails about £10 although there is a happy hour between 5pm and 7pm where you can get 2 for the price of 1 or 50% off your total bill. They are very fair and when I asked for a Strawberry Daquiri and they had no strawberries I was given an alternative free of charge. The bar area is very impressive.
Breakfast was very good with a vast array of cold meats, cheeses, cereals, juices, waffles, pastries and cakes as well as indian and european dishes and eggs cooked to order.
The waiters are very attentive and our special thanks to Ninad who looked after us exceedingly well.
There is a spa and a gym and these both looked fabulous although we did not use them. We had a smoking room but everywhere else is a no smoking area except for one tiny area around the corner from the pool or out the front of the hotel.
No complaints at all although I was a bit peeved that having bought one of their very nice cotton bath robes, on getting home found they had given me a large instead of a medium and it is far too big !!
The hotel as stated is near the airport and it takes around an hour + to the centre of Mumbai by taxi. Sights to see in Mumbai are the Gateway to India and the Victoria Terminus.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Mumbai is the city's premier gateway hotel, offering a contemporary and stylish hotel experience. Located a kilometre from the international airport and less than 15 minutes from the domestic terminals, the hotel provides easy access to the rapidly growing business, shopping and commercial centres of North Mumbai. The location enables us to design a range of carefully crafted facilities and services to address the increasingly sophisticated needs of domestic and international business travelers, along with corporate meeting organizers and decision-makers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai
- Grant Hyatt Mumbai