New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Amazing roof terrace...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Marine Drive

InterContinental Marine Drive
Ranked #36 of 428 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
mumbai
“Amazing roof terrace...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

too good view of the busy marine drive from the roof top.. could have the best view of the queens necklace from there.. the food and drinks were very good.. the area near the pool is also well too hve a realaxng drink...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank niyati d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Even from before the moment a hotel chauffeur picked me up at BOM International, the professional approach of the hotel became apparent: An SMS text message on my mobile while I am still on my plane telling me where to find the good man later on! After a smooth ride, some of the best and most cordial, yet always professional, reception staff seemed to be waiting just for me. Paper work was accomplished swiftly and after a surprise little welcome ceremony I ended up with a tilak put gently between my eyebrows and a lady showing me to my corner suite.
I can't judge what regular rooms are like but this spacious junior suite was one of the best I have seen in InterContinentals around the world! Everything was perfect, but the bed (mattress, sheets, pillows and cover) were the best ever! With air conditioning quiet and easily adjustable, I slept every night like a baby in mother's arms. Work space including all necessary gadgets was again perfect. Asking for three (free) separate WiFi access codes for laptop, iPad and BlackBerry is a smart thing to do and leads to issuance of one joint one.
Throughout the stay, (nearly) everything remained on this high level of professionalism and helped guest satisfaction immensely. Being addressed by my name by practically everyone was impressive. (I would have found it unbelievable had I not been told by managers of other properties that staff are informed every day which Royal Ambassadors are currently visiting.)
And yet, restaurant staff could use some more staff training:
Even at 10:15, staff in the Corleone breakfast restaurant still seemed a bit asleep every day. It was not always easy to catch their attention. Boiled eggs are available, but only rock-hard. Overall, the buffet is appropriate, but nothing to write home about. Upside: At 10:29 one is not given the feeling that two minutes later staff would only like to think about lunchtime.
A real little cloud, though, is the staff of the beautiful rooftop restaurant. My business partner and I had an invited guest from the Oberoi Hotel join us for dinner. All of us enjoyed the relaxed and yet classy atmosphere and the view "all the way to Dubai", as we would joke.
But catching the attention of waiters took almost physical effort and a long wait almost each time. Being told that the restaurant does not serve any coffee after our meal baffled us completely, causing also embarrassment towards our guest. To make up for the rocky road experience we had just been through, I insisted this time. And the coffee was served - eventually ...
We were not in a rush that night, but in total we probably wasted almost half an hour waiting for things - including our coffee.
Only because of the impeccable level of everything else in the hotel am I still rating the Service "excellent". The rooftop experience actually commanded a downgrade. - To save the honor of the restaurant manager, I must add that upon checkout at reception a few hours later, the man seemed to have been waiting for us to apologize and to ask me to specify any criticism. He seemed honestly grateful for what we told him and it will be extremely interesting to find out whether things have changed, for in little over a week I'll be checking in again! Which answers the question whether I would return. Of course, I would!
Bottom line: Great hotel for business and leisure, but there is no perfection under the sun!

Room Tip: Windows are pretty soundproof everywhere but top floors are more quiet and have a better view - natu...
1 Thank paquisoy
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Very modern with a beautiful roof terrace. I had a very nice sea view room--even though it looks over busy Marine Drive, there was little street noise. Excellent Thai restaurant.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was intially schedule to stay at this property for 2 days, but changed my flight twice and stayed an extra two days. This is due to the fact that this property simply put is exquisite.

Being a Platinum Ambassador Club member i was upgraded to a Junior Suite, and i must say even though the view was a partial city and sea view it was still brilliant.

Now to comment on the service all my requests were met with the word Certainly, and I cannot stress how good it felt when i ordered Eggs Benedict at 4 pm and the request was met with the word Certainly. They didnt even check with the kitchen staff, which is the normal response from most hotels. I would also like to mention a few staff members by name who i think make this property special.

1) Priyanka (Reception)
2) Imran (Butler Service)
3) Sanjay (Concierge)
4) Also the Duty Manager (Unfortunately i have forgotten his name)

Since this hotel is located in South Mumbai, which is the older part of Mumbai and in my view the better part. Therefore you cant find fault in the location as well.

If i am visiting Mumbai and have work or a few days off in India I will definitely return to this property.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed here Feb 2012 for two nights -well one and a half as we had an early flight to catch.
Great welcom from reception staff and really nice room although not much to look at from windows to be honest.
We took adavntage of the hotels limo service to have a drive round Mumbai,our driver was very very good and a perfect guide, he ensured we saw,Gandhis house where we had a good look round,the tiffin boys at work,the outdoor laundry,Taj palace hotel,gate of india and lots more ,if you want a quick show round Mumbai I would recommend this serivice and if you can get Sanjeer our driver you will be very impressed although i bet all drivers are good.The food we found good in the restaurant and we also ate on roof top bar where I had best steak in a long time.Excellent service from the staff and we complmented one staff member by name as we left on a hotel compliment slip. The drinks to be honest were very expensive but as we were only there a short while we put up woth this.The service did make up for this issue.
Both nights at Hotel were heard knocking and banging noises from the near vicinity of our room ,it even woke my wife who is a very heavy sleeper, having said that it didnt spoil our stay too much but I wouldnt stay agin without being sure of a quiet room,i suspect the hotel staff were working on rooms through the night as when we left at 3am a staff member was near our room cleaning somthing or an other.I wouldnt stay again unless I was sure of a quiet room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view as our room on side looked onto a very drab property and an ally which was used as...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple