“Good, clean, decent food. A good option.”

Courtyard Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #15 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London, United Kingdom
“Good, clean, decent food. A good option.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Courtyard Marriott Mumbai Airport delivers on the brand, basicall. There is nothing inspiring or innovative and it feels like any other Courtyard Marriott around the world but that, I guess, is their achievement to manage this in India. You get:
- a good sized, clean room with lots of TV channels and a comfortable bed and large bathroom
- good food at the MoMo cafe
- sensible and friendly front desk staff although it does get a bit crowded at peak times
- security looks good and they actually use the entrance barriers etc

All in all a good value option if you want to be near the airport. Travelling in India I tend to value cleanliness, comfort and decent food and you get all of that. The couple making love in the pool at 10:30 am that I could see from my 4th floor room was a surprising addition to the experience but I don't think that's a regular occurence.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear MetalPigeon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We value your feedback and hope you had a productive business stay!

Gautam Bhandari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

1. The Experience

I remember being very happy when I was booked into Courtyard. Had good memories from previous stay in another property moreover, I thought I'd have time to enjoy the facilities.

a. Check in: Was delayed significantly inspite of a mail to the hotel about the check in. I was very tired as I came in late and the long wait didn't help! I had to re-start my laptop to show them the mail sent by the company.

b. Food: Was very good. Great variety and decent tasting. However, I would have liked a condensed menu with more more focus on quality - ie. flavours, taste etc. Both breakfast and dinner were pleasant experiences!

c. The room:
Maybe it's because I am getting spoilt or because I was expecting a little more - the room felt mass produced and sort of cold! Wish some more attention was paid in making the room decor feel more welcoming and warm. I give it 4/5 for cleanliness - would have given it full marks if it has not been for a fair amount dust in the room.
The view was that of a very ugly construction site. I wish it been something else but I guess that's Mumbai for you. Sleep quality was very good. However, there were certain sounds coming in from outside.

d. Check-out: Was again delayed inspite of informing the reception very early on. This was very irritating and almost made me miss my flight!

e. Travel arrangements: This is one area where the Courtyard was a complete let-down. There were 'confusions' in each arrangement. I was left waiting for the transfer multiple times.

2. Summary:

a. I rate the Courtyard highly on food, room quality and amenities
b. However, I was disappointed by the service - particularly check-in/out and transportation arrangements
c. I would recommend the Hotel for those who want to stay close to the airport - but with a warning to ensure that their transportation is arranged for in time

Room Tip: 1. Ensure transportation arrangements are confirmed by the Hotel 2. Negotiate a room with a good vi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Mr. Pillai,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to talk about your experience at the hotel. We have taken up your feedback with the team and will ensure that the areas of concern are addressed. Please do let me know of your travel arrangements to Mumbai next in order to take care of your stay arrangements personally.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for business 6x and each stay has been Identical.
Great friendly staff, they have remembered me everytime I have arrived. Met my traveling needs.
The food at Momo cafe is great also

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Mipa22
Dear Mipa22,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. We look forward to serving you better each time. Have a refreshing day!

LI, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at this Courtyard Marriott near Mumbai airport for 2 nights. The hotel is very close to the airport and is therefore very convenient if you have travel plans with a very late night or early morning domestic or international flight.

This is probably the best Courtyard that I had stayed at in terms of overall experience. The hotel is very well maintained with good amenities and excellent staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear YCP,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to serving you better with each stay. Have a refreshing day!

Bangalore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel is usually used by my company for business visits and it was my first visit there.

The location of the hotel is very convenient and the hotel has decent facilities. People are nice and food good.

However I expect business hotels to deliver on promised services (however small the matter).
During check-in I was assured that next day morning at checkout at 5 am i would get a small packed breakfast and that the airport drop car would be ready at 5 sharp. Both were not ready and the person at reception was scrambling.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business