“A Great Hotel with an excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai

Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Ranked #7 of 437 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A Great Hotel with an excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This hotel located in the business district of Mumbai. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the hotel location. Although well known as a business hotel, ( with smaller rooms), my family and I enjoyed the comforts of an excellent hotel. No surprise for me when I noticed a certificate from Trip Advisor that this is a highly recommended hotel. The staff are extremely helpful. Needed a package to be posted and would you believe everything was taken care by their staff, from packaging to posting. The airport is not far from the hotel and, this together with peace and quiet at night made this just the perfect location in a big bustling city, day or night.Excellent restaurants in the hotel. Make sure that you a table for dinner. Restaurants are busy. For me, this has to be my choice of hotel in Mumbai. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room would do.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Golfnut5472
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad to note that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager, Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Asia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

This review is going to be biased--I'm a Trident convert.

I happened to stay when there was a write-up in a paper about Oberoi who had created this brand. The article described his taste as "fashionable but not faddish". So I started looking around the hotel and my appreciation for him and his tastes grew even more.

Again, the lobby underwhelms. It lack depth and there is no natural feature (as opposed to a sign) to direct one to the reception on the left. (Psychologists say most people naturally turn to the right.) And then there was the somewhat disorienting water feature to walk over to get to reception. (I had woken up at 4 am to catch the flight to Mumbai.) The water feature is disorienting because for a few seconds, I thought I was stepping into the water.

But after that, it's all fine. Check-in was smooth. Details about me were captured in its database so all I had to do was to sign off.

All the lights leading to the rooms are recessed. The only light that hits you overhead when you walk out of the elevator is the one above the elevator door. Compare that with most hotels. The soft lighting puts one in the mood to be rested and restful.

The room's master switch turns off only the lights and tv. This means that one can go for breakfast, turn off the lights, and still charge up one's computer.

In my earlier stay, I had commented that the glass door at the shower stall did not have a seal so the area just outside the shower area got wet. The general manager said he took note and would fix it. Well, I can agree that the problem is indeed fixed.

There were some comments about that shower area being slippery and I am inclined to agree. It looks like shower areas should not have smooth surfaces. Something that feels like slate would work better.

I had to order room service once and that was very good. The food came in warming box (a reverse fridge?) on a cart. This meant that I did not have to move my workstuff to have dinner.

The gym was fine with a good variety of machines.

Before we left, my friend and I had lunch. First, we sat in the coffeehouse but then after we looked at the menu we decided to try the Italian restaurant. Well, the staff cheerfully carried our drinks to restaurant.

The hotel continues its no-direct tipping policy, which I think is good.

And yes, before I left, I made sure I left behind a good tip for the staff. I did say I am a Trident convert.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Panguin
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your detailed review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

Understated elegance has always been a hallmark of The Oberoi Group, and I am happy to see that you appreciated our hotel in that aspect.

I apologize for any inconvenience faced by you with regard to the shower area being slippery – our housekeeping team would be happy to provide an anti-skid bath mat on your next visit, on request.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We chose this hotel for a last night splurge in India. Have to say it was spectacularly luxurious from the fluffy bathrobes to the piano player in the lobby. Definitely one for the executive business triipper. Staff were super-efficient, friendly but in a very formal way. Breakfast was the usual buffet-style and everything was presented beautifully. Great place to people-watch!!
Felt very safe as security was at a very high level.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to note that you had comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rolle, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

A new hotel in the developing business area of Mumbai. Little of attraction nearby for tourists but for business very well placed.
Room impeccable - huge, sparkling clean, free standing bath - absolute luxury.
Restaurants superb - Indian especially good with a very personal interest taken by the manager and indeed the chef - an invitation to the kitchen to inspect the live lobsters and crabs especially appreciated.
Main restaurant serves superb buffets. Main bar lacks some atmosphere and doesnt serve late - you need to sit at a restaurant table to get a drink in the closing hour or so.
will certainly use again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad that you enjoyed the dining experience at Maya, our Indian specialty restaurant and the tour of our kitchen as well.

As far as our main bar is concerned, as per local laws we serve alcohol in the bar till 12:30 a.m. and till 1:30 a.m. in the adjoining all-day dining restaurant

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for a few days in between an internal trip to another city. The staff are very friendly and check in went very smoothly. The hotel is very classy and I was assigned a room overlooking the pool and with a breathtaking city view. The pool looks so inviting - and the city view is panoramic but right across the street there is currently building works for another hotel or office, so shortly the panoramic view is going to be completely lost which is a pity- however I stress you dont hear any noise from the site.

The room was very clean and fresh - the bed was very comfortable and I can only confirm that I have never experienced softer bed linen anywhere else in the world- it was blissful!

The bathroom was very modern and was a glass cube off the bedroom, so you could actually take a shower and look into the room or out on the view, however there was a privacy blind that you could activate if you were shy. There was a good power shower over the bath, but my only negative comment is that it was a bit of a steep climb over the bath onto the floor - onto a bit of a slippy bath mat, and I was a bit concerned I would take a faceplant onto the marble floor.

The hotel has 3 restaurants: indian, italian and what I would describe as 'western'. I only ate in the 'western' restaurant as my party had been unwell [from the plane journey] and were looking for simpler food, and this has quite a good choice of plainer food like burgers and pizzas. Service was very attentive and you also have a choice of buffet if you dont want anything off the menu.

The hotel is located in a business district, and right round the corner from the newly opened Sofitel. Security is tight - underneath your car is checked for bombs before you can even enter into the hotel grounds and your bags then go through the xray machine and you walk through the scanner.

The hotel is smaller than the Grand Hyatt which I stayed at in January, and with less restaurants and no shopping mall attached but I think this hotel is in a much better location- there also seemed to be less of a mosquito problem in this hotel. Mosquitos are certainly still a problem in the lobby/ground floor area but to a lesser extent than experienced in the Grand Hyatt.

My only gripe was that as standard your room is not supplied with an ironing board and iron. You can call laundry and this will be dropped off but as I expereinced on my return [after staying in a hotel in another city for a couple of nights], when I called for an iron/ironing board- there were none available. The poor laundry staff was very apologetic but did offer to iron a couple of items for me instead. This was a bit of a nuisance as I didnt know exactly what I wanted to wear at that precise second. I was eventually able to get an iron to myself but I would just mention that much like a hairdryer, I would also expect an iron/ironing board to be supplied as standard in a hotel of that class.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view and phone for an iron/ironing board the minute you check in.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member,

I am glad to note that you had a restful stay and enjoyed the comfort of our bespoke, posture-friendly mattress!

I apologize for any inconvenience faced by you with regard to the bath-tub/shower area bath mat being slippery – our housekeeping team would be happy to provide an anti-skid bath mat on your next visit, on request. We also have rooms with four-fixture bathroom which would not require you to “climb out of the bath”, as they have a separate bath-tub and shower cubicle. Please ask for a “Premier Room” when you book with us again if you would like to experience such a room.

While mosquitoes are a constant nuisance in our part of the world, we have been fairly successful in controlling their ingress into our hotel and I am glad that this was noticed and appreciated by you.

On your future visits we would be happy to place an iron and iron board in your room to ensure you do not face the same inconvenience again. We can do this prior to arrival if we receive the request along with your reservation, or even on arrival itself.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,