“Dormitory.......for a solo women ...not a good idea”

Hotel Travellers Inn
Ranked #74 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I stayed two nights in this hotel. I chose it because it was good located ( near the train station....) not so expensive,and clean. I'm a bag-packer, using to travel..so my budget is not so big.
BUT, I 'm a 26 years, women, travelling alone...and the first night was nice ( nobody in the dormitory). But the second night, one Indian arrived for the night. A young man from far away ( he did 24 hours travel train), I leanrt that because we talked a little bit, and he paid 300 roupies for the night, me I paid 500 ( tourist price)...
I don't know why the manager didn't proposed to him to sleep in the other dormitory...anyway.
I would like to switch off the light ( a big light tube) , but he wasn't tired , so we let the light on until the middle of the night when I woke up and off the lights. There was 3 beds , we was sleeping in opposite bed, but in the middle of the night he changed it, because the bigger fan was over this bed...SO...and after that , I awoke again, because through my sleeping mask I saw lights....and I was surprised to see this man looking ( staring) at me during my sleep...SO scary. HE told me my legs was so beautiful and he would like to design them ( balabalba)... My gdt... I was so hangry...
I couldn't sleep after that. Dormitories are not a good idea in this hotel , manager really don't care to mix or not male and female...by the way the hotel was almost empty...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank tworoupies

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Hi...it is nice to share my wonderful experience with u..who at this moment surely looking for a comfortable,safe stay while being within affordable budget. I unquestionably recommend this hotel for true value of money.
I alongwith my wife and son stayed 2D/1N in room number 206(ac double bed) and had enjoyed our time entirely. If u dont go by the exterior of the hotel building(renovation was going on) ...I can bet that u'll be feeling good inside . The friendly front desk managers ( both Mr Nilesh and Mr Kausar) are there to give due attention and meet ur demands. The assistance whenever was asked in regard to room fittings, tv , ac was superb and quick.
The room was suitably arranged only with required stuffs. The toilet was small but absolutely clean. Only one thing I can expect from the hotel authority that they can extend the pipe of the overhead shower so that it becomes easier to have the shower.
AC worked fine...lights burnt properly...floor tiles and the walls were shining.....what else a tourist should expect from a hotel room??
We had enjoyed our lunch and dinner in 2 nearby restuarants....Naional and other one in the same area which served tasty foods at very justified prices.
U can reach Gateway of India, Marine Drive, Regal Cinema, Crawford market .....each at the cost of 20- 30 Rs by a taxi.
I am sure this would be my ultimate choice of hotel..anytime in Mumbai.

• Stayed: May 2011
sethimohit, Owner at Hotel Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Thank you so much for the review Travellers Inn :) Hope to serve you the best once again cheers !!

Reviewed 27 May 2011

The people are the hotel and the staff at HTI were always friendly, always helpful and very trustworthy, they were great! Our room was clean, spacious and with Fan & A/C. The advice we received from the owner was awesome in regards to restaurants and even food dishes to try. We stayed longer than expected because we felt so comfortable and HTI helped make our lives easy especially travelling with a 6 & 2 yr old. Would most definitely recommend to stay here, it is good clean basic accommodation for very fair price. They also offer a laundry service which was awesome value for money too.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TeamNZHK
sethimohit, Owner at Hotel Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you for tThank you for the review :) Hope to serve you once again best .....Travellers Inn Mumbai

Reviewed 27 May 2011

Everything is average in this hotel, except for the room(s) which are tiny. Relative to Mumbai, it is a budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marso5050
sethimohit, Owner at Hotel Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing a review it was our pleasure to serve you looking forward to serve you once again
Travellers Inn

Reviewed 25 May 2011

Booked on hostels.com for 8 days, room #107 (next to kitchen) was ready, which we were thankful for. Comparable to Super 8 or Motel 6 in USA. Sheets & pillow cases were clean, although towels were a bit dingy. No bedbugs. Only saw one spider and one roach, so not too bad. Bathroom is shower & western toilet in one, but generally clean. No hot water, but didn't want any with hot/humid temps outside. Highly recommend A/C, since fan doesn't supply adequate airflow. Bamboo scaffolding & blue tarps on building for monsoon prep, so remember that if you are looking for it soon. Map it before you try to find it...remember it's on same block as Cafe' Universal. Staff was usually friendly and helpful. Cold waters & sodas in lobby & some meals provided for small charge. Internet was 60/- rupees per hour. Bags can be held for the day near reception desk. Check-out is noon. TV w/lots of channels, some English ones. Would most likely stay here again.

Room Tip: definitely prebook on hostelworld.com