Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel
USD 90
USD 84
Fortune JP Palace(Mysuru (Mysore))
USD 66
USD 57
USD 125
USD 87
USD 59
USD 42
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 48/night.

OYO 9334 Urban Oasis Apartments(Mysuru (Mysore))(Great Value!)
USD 34
USD 109
USD 93
USD 69
  • Breakfast included
Southern Star Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
USD 52
Green Hotel(Mysuru (Mysore))
USD 40
USD 37
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 43/night.

1,224 results
All reviewsroyal orchidmaharaja suitetiger trailcourtyard restaurantheritage roomheritage propertycolonial styleold world charmcentral courtyardlarge balconyguest housecharming hotellunch buffetfront officemodern amenitiesindian foodrailway station
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Hi there i would like to review my stay and my dining at Hotel Metropole.
This hotel is a piece of History and a Relic in itself. One more great example of Heritage City Mysuru.
Now about my experience with Metropole
this place is known for great food and service. I personally felt that this place truly is a service and guest oriented hotel.
The checkin was quick and smooth. The rooms are large and spacious. Each room has a spacious sit out to enjoy your evenings. Me and my friends loves the bar situated next to the lobby the bar man Mahesh was great, drinks he made for is were so good that we just kept sipping.
The food served at the open restaurant was finger licking good the prawns we has was yummy. Thd chocolate mousse and the Jamoon Cheese cake in the buffet was amazing.
Special mention of Mr Nagabushan, Mahesh, Pranav and the girls in the dining area i thank them for taking ut most care of me and my friends.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
RO-Metropole, General Manager at Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Namaste!!!
I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Royal Orchid Metropole and taking time to write review about your experience with us.

My team and I thank you for your feed back .We value your feed back. I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at Metropole.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I was in this property in the month of december. We have enjoyed our stay and the property is well maintained heritage building which was built at 1920 by maharaja of Mysore
There is no comparison of any proprty in mysore.
The staffs are professional especially reception staff.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 January 2018

My stay at this hotel didn't start in the best way.
I explicitly reserved a quite, silent room and specified that I didn't want a room on the ground floor.
I was offered a room at the ground floor, mould-smelly, next to the stairs and close to a very noisy generator. Congratulations! I couldn't have so easly mismatched all the criteria contemporaneously.
An (annoying) staff member tried to convince me to stay (!), then after my protests I was finally moved to a decent room.
Here is my review in detail.

ROOM
I booked a standard "royal" room. The room itself was cosy and nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable, although quite soft. Each room has a nice, big balcony, mine overlooked the courtyard. If you have a light sleep, I warmly suggest you to require a room facing the inner side, as the hotel is surrounded by noisy roads.
My bathroom was quite sad, the bathtub was disgusting, all yellowed and full of black cracks. The rest was old, badly kept and superficially cleaned, badly illuminated. So don't expect a wellness oasis. It's rather on of those bathrooms you want to escape as quick as possible from!
You'll need to switch on/off the hot water boiler: not an issue for me, but it does need some planning. What really worried me was the boiler's socket IN the shower area!
If the water pressure was on western standards (it's quite low) it would be very dangerous.
The fridge in the room sounded like a tractor: impossible to sleep so I had to unplug it.
Same thing for the air conditioner: mouldy air coming out and an intolerable noise.
My room couldn't be obscured completelly, as either the entrance door or the door to the balcony had a mini-window from which the external light came in. It would be nice if the management could find a solution at least for this, as it can be a big issue for some guests. A small obscuring curtain, maybe? After all people come to hotels mainly to sleep.

FOOD
If you have a minimum understanding of the concept of quality, you'll realize very soon that the food's quality here is only mediocre. Sauces and spices are often not enough to hide it.
The hotel building, although located in a very noisy and polluted area of Mysore, is beautifully built around a very nice, green courtyard where you can have dinner. The menu is boring though, not at all focused on regional dishes and does not offer neither nutritionally balanced vegetarian options, nor healthier ones. All the food served was the "comfort" kind of food: thick sauces, spices, fried, meat, ketchup (!!!!), sugary. Very small choice of healthier options and variety of nourishing proteins like beans, no gluten free options.
And after having heard the exorbitant price of the lunch buffet, do not try to order a sandwich, unless you like eating mushy bread full of industrial sauces, served with fries and ketchup (!!!). I couldn't believe my eyes.
The breakfast was average, with a good selection of Indian food, fresh fruit and then the usual artificial, sugary, pasteurized juices that you find in the hotels that don't really care. The muffins, danish pastries and croissants are border line to inedible, they are really terrible. Wouldn't it be better to propose local pastries and then ONE good, daily fresh home made brioche to enjoy with different jams? Just an input from somebody who cares.

WIFI
Very good, stable and complimentary. The only annoying thing was that you had to log in almost every day, with room number, name and password. What about extending the login simply for the whole length of my stay?

STAFF
The staff in general is very kind and attentive, even too much. The waiters at the restaurant were also very kind, although they need some more coordination, as it can happen that you get asked 4 times by 4 different waiters whether you have ordered.
The housekeeping knocks too often at the doors and in unconvenient times: right after 9.00 am (10.00 is closing time of the breakfast: give us time, it's not a hostel!) and throughout the day, for cleaning or for any sort of cute but not really urgent reason: flowers for the room, a typical Indian pastry, unsolicited minibar refill (of my unplugged minibar?), unsolicited laundry collection (never asked for this service).
They also changed every day ALL the towels, even though they were still hanging, which is honestly a huge waste.
In the restaurant I was given 2 times the same customer satisfaction questionnaire where it was asked to mention a particularly nice staff member. I had the feeling that there is a sort of bonus system for the most mentioned members and makes me think that it's one of the reasons of the general overflow of kindness. Indeed the staff member who each time gave me the questionnaire clearly kept an eye to see whether I had mentioned him/her.

GARDEN AND POOL
The only pleasant external space to enjoy is the courtyard, all the rest is incredibly noisy and polluted. In particular the pool is very close to a busy road and this makes you feel very exposed.

MANDATORY NEW YEAR'S EVENING EVENT
The management obliged all guests to spend (and pay!!) the new year's evening dinner at the hotel and to participate to a kitsch, annoying, pricey new year's gala dinner with poor quality live band and boring food.
You cannot oblige your guests to do anything! This has been generally perceived as, if not illegal, quite rude towards the guests.
To me it only unveiled the real nature of this hotel.
Nothing tastes really good, nothing is really clean, no one is truly kind. It's a place to squeeze rich customers who love appearances or business people who stay one night and leave at costs of their company.
This old fashioned place might be good for old fashioned guests who are completely unaware of the last standards in matter of hospitality and gastronomy and like to have an overdose of prepackaged, gross kindness from a well trained but not really genuine staff.
It could be such a lovely oasis in Mysore but at the moment it's hugely far from it.
For all the above mentioned reasons I won't go back and won't suggest this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank fussytravellerRM

Namaste!!!

On behalf of the management of Royal Orchid Metropole, Mysore, I would like to thank you for staying with us.

At Royal Orchid Metropole, Mysore we strive to ensure that every guest is provided with the best possible service and attention. We are committed to making a difference every day, continually getting better to keep us the best.

It was therefore very disappointing that you experienced a number of problems during your stay.

As result of our shortcomings I have personally informed our department heads in order to ensure that other guests do not experience a similar situation. There is no excuse for the annoyance caused to you and again I am very sorry.

I hope you will give us another chance to prove you, that what you have experienced during your recent stay is not our normal service levels at Royal Orchid Metropole, Mysore.

Regards

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Beautiful heritage hotel. All modern comforts of a high end luxury hotel but much more personal and intimate. Rooms aren't large but are beautifully furnished in colonial style. Bathrooms fine with proper bathtub.
Excellent location, could walk into town or catch a tuk tuk.
Many lovely personal touches eg flowers and drinks on arrival, surprise family photo in our bedroom, Christmas cakes (both British style and Indian style) delivered on Christmas day to the bedrooms... much appreciated.
Gorgeous courtyard to have supper, at reasonable prices. Breakfast room was lovely with wide range of Indian and western options.
Our kids loved the swimming pool which is open till 6pm each day.
Very friendly staff.
Only minor negative comment was that supper service on Christmas eve was slow as the restaurant was particularly full, but they apologised for this.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with balcony are probably quieter than our ground floor room but we didn't have noise problems
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank natasha l

Reviewed 9 January 2018

The hotel has an old colonial feel and the rooms are laid out in a traditional manner with high ceilings and some with four poster beds. We ate at the hotel and the food was quite good and reasonable, however, the reason I have only given the hotel 3 stars is that our bathroom flooded from the free standing bath. Even keeping the plug in the bath didn't stop the leak. The beds are also very soft and somewhat uncomfortable (personal taste I know) so not a good nights sleep. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly, but there wasn't much urgency or concern about the leak. OK for one night but in my view the hotel needs a makeover to reach the correct standard. We again had booked a triple room and the party of three had to make do with a double bed and a mattress on the floor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Namaste!!!

At the outset we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with us. Guest feedback is always welcome as it gives us the chance to review our service and facilities.
We deeply regret the inconvenience you faced .Look forward to welcome you all back when you visit Mysore .