we stayed here for a night enroute to our trip to ooty. This hotel is a century old palace and probably the most beautiful palace. we had booked a pool wing room which has a view of chamundi hills. Rooms in this wing is average ( good for the price we paid). Service was fast and efficient. we had ordered for mid night surpise celebrations for our friend's birthday. it was exactly on time and more than what we expeted with a team of manager, waiters and chef all at our door step with cake..
Next moning we saw rooms in palace which are real charming and grand and I will come back with family for these rooms as these give ultimate romantic feel.
On negative side; hotel can improve a lot on exteriors and landcaping.
TIPS: Do not get fooled by advertisement of other palace hotels which are just regular hotel using "palace" name. In our case we saw advertisement of JP palace; but when we visited the hotel it was just a regular budget kind- a hotel; explanantion given its a city of palace so we named as JP palace. Anyway thanks to our driver who shown us Lalitha Mahal where we stayed at the same price.
we loved our stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Indian-style Hotel, formerly a Maharaja's Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalitha Mahal Palace Mysore
- Mysore Lalitha Mahal Palace