“Lovely old movie studio hotel”
Review of Green Hotel

Green Hotel
Ranked #26 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Arrived to find the room inside the oldest part of the hotel, the one you see in the photo, was not ready. I was put into a room in the adjacent old rectangular section. The room there was quite nice with older style furnishings. Later I was transferred to a room in the original building which was once a movie studio. The room was slightly more quaint and the rest of this original building is lovely. If you go and are put into the adjacent rooms you can easily walk over and use all the facilities such as very nice dining area and tv room. No tv in hotel rooms. Beautiful gardens and a spacious appearance add to its great charm.

Room Tip: One in older section is marginally better
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 February 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Green Hotel. We had rooms in a block alongside the garden - they were very basic but had a working shower and toilet! It was nice to sit in the garden of an evening and the food was ok. Service was generally good I wold go back if I go to Mysore again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a complete con. You book a room thinking that you are booking into a nice old building. Instead most of the rooms are in a block in the garden. They use the excuse of 'Eco', to provide nothing. You get a bare room, with glorified camp beds and no curtains. It is also next to the highway, so you get Road noise
While we were there, we arrived back from a day out to find that the hotel was closed for a large wedding that was going on to late, right outside our room and the restaurant was shut.
When we told reception that they would have to find us another hotel, they thought it was funny and said that we would have to pay for the night. The manager eventually arrived, after we made a big fuss and we moved to another hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

What a delightful place! The Green Hotel is a real gem. The main building is very attractive with marble, pillars, plants, comfy seating and air conditioning. My room was full of character, yet hidden away so I felt like a character out of an Enid Blyton novel. It was comfy, cool and with an ensuite that had plenty of hot running water. It was called 'The Bollywood'! I loved the room key and padlock which were made of solid brass and together, in size, covered the entire front cover of my novel! There is a delightful café with the best tasting cakes ever. All the employees are local young women who received their training from French patisserie chefs ... and it showed. We had our dinner outside in the pretty grounds which were completely lit up by little lights everywhere. The food was plentiful and moreish. Breakfast was also plentiful with a choice of western or Indian dishes. I tried some from each! All the staff were friendly and attentive but not overbearing. And the icing on the cake is that all profits go to support a charity set up to home street children, particularly those with a physical or learning disability.
The only reason I have rated 4 stars and not 5 is that, whilst I was extremely comfy in the main hotel, my friends who were staying in the wing outside, could hear traffic noise which they found irritating. Otherwise, a really special place and I wish I could return one day for a longer stay. (Maybe to do one of their courses?)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thursday2015
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I spent 4 nights at The Green Hotel last December ( 2016 ) and had a most enjoyable stay.The telephone booking was taken by somebody called Syed (spelling?) and he was very professional and polite.When I arrived at the hotel check-in was handled reasonably swiftly-although I seemed to be dealing with somebody from the caretaking staff initially.Eventually I was shown to my room.It was very large,very clean and inviting,as was the en-suite.The room was serviced daily.I had breakfast and dinner each day at the on-site restaurant .The food was very appetising,freshly prepared and very reasonably priced.I found the staff both very friendly and very professional and I was treated well.This hotel really impressed me and I am happy to award it 10 out of 10......The Travel Desk,however,was a different matter.I booked at The Travel Desk,amongst other things,a bus ticket to take me from Hospet to Bijapur on Christmas Day.This ticket cost me 2500 Rupees (for what was going to be only a five hour journey).What I didn't know then-for nobody at The Travel Desk pointed it out to me-was that Government buses run regularly throughout the day between Hospet and Bijapur for ONLY 120/130 Rupees....The bus that was to take me from Hospet to Bijapur was to depart from Hospet at 11.00pm on Christmas Eve,arriving in Bijapur on Christmas morning.It was supposed to depart from a place called "Sia Travels"....Despite an exhaustive search I could find NO place in Hospet of that name.Eventually I did find the actual place from which the bus was due to depart-a different address altogether-only to discover quite by accident that the bus had been cancelled.NOBODY at The Travel Desk saw fit to inform me of this.I found it out for myself.Accordingly,I had to change my travel plans and spend another night in Hospet before moving on to Bijapur at 8.30 on Christmas morning...and the ticket cost me ONLY 130 Rupees.....I was very disappointed with my experience at The Travel Desk in The Green Hotel.I found it very expensive and very unreliable.It seems to put profit before people and for that reason should be avoided.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo