We were a group of 9 people (and 3 children) and have spent most pleasant stay at Platonia Homes which we all will cherish for a long time. Overall hospitality was one of best one can expect. Place is away from city crowd and nature is at its best... Highly recommended this place for family and groups for small to medium stay...
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
Like every summer it was an anxious research on Tripadvisor for us “where to go” and “where to stay” and we decided for Shimla this time. We always travel with our extended family and look for a Homestay sort of facility.
We zeroed in to Platonia Homes in Mashobra. Since not many reviews were available on Tripadvisor quite obviously it was difficult for us decide and that time we happened to exchange couple of mails with Mayank (the owner) and we could smell it is going to be a nice place for my family for 3 nights stay.
We booked Platonia Homes from 9th June, 2016 onwards for 3 nights for 6 family members.
For the tourists visiting this area with their family and looking towards Homestay rentals facility, I have recommendation as under:
- You need not think. Straight away book this facility
- Cottage has 3 independent floors (Ground, First and Top Floor). Each floor has spacious independent 2 Bedrooms (a toilet with each) and a Living Room with good furniture with balcony and may be measuring around 1000-1200 sq.ft (each floor). Top floor is reserved for the owners as they visit this place occasionally.
- Excellent Cottage interiors like 3/4 star finish, spic and span, bed linens very good with Room Heating Pillars.
- Balconies of the cottage are overlooking a deep green vast valley. View is awesome.
- Location- A beautiful, serene and comfortable 30/40 minutes’ drive from Shimla City (about 13-15 kms) on road towards Naldhera (exact spot is Dhagogi Bus Stop)
- Cabs from Shimla charge just Rs 500 to drop you at Dhagogi Bus Stop. We hired such cab (Dezire) around 09:00 pm night from Shimla Taxi Stand near Rivoli Theatre.
- Meena Aunty, the care taker is an excellent host and a great cook. She took no time to understand our food choice. She took extra pain to arrange baby food for an infant in our group.
Overall it was a nice stay for my family. I thank Meena Aunty and convey my Best Wishes to Mayank. I request all the future guests to cooperate in keeping this facility neat and clean.
It was a very pleasant stay and and a memorable vacation, .
The property was very nice and a very peace place., located approx. 8 km from shimla.
The care taker was very decent and we were offered home made food which was very yummy, Ideal place for family and friends.
The property is well maintained in terms of cleanliness and service. The hill side view from the balcony is awesome.
there would be hundreds of places where one can stay, but I found your place my best experience till date. Such amazing place you have, the property had excellent amenities and condition and I can only say that I won't be able to enjoy any hotel room after staying at your place, my family had a great time and I am truly happy that my decision to take my loved ones to Platonia Homestay bore such lovely memories. Give my regards to Neenaji and please make sure to inform that she made our stay really wonderful. Thanks again for you hospitality.
That is the my first home stay ever but it is amazing & very peaceful. Fully furnish rooms and good interior. This home stay 10 km far from shimla city so no hustle bustle and u feel very relax mood and enjoy good food because caretaker are amazing cook and very helpful to every time so please if u searching about home stay so please at list one time to stay here and your vacations.The best home stay in mashobra pine trees are there and also u see sunset view from the house.