“Good Location, value for money, Clean.”
Review of Aagami Hotel

Aagami Hotel
Ranked #213 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 11 February 2017

This property was nice and clean, the location was the best. Very near to Connaught Place, The staff was polite and helpful. The enviropment was pleasing.The only problem was the size of bed and washroom was too small.

Room Tip: Dont know much, but ask for a larger bed if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
AanyaMehta, Guest Relations Manager at Aagami Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Dkumaraggarwal,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Guest’s satisfaction is what we aim for and it gives us immense pleasure to fulfill that. We will continue to put in efforts to create an ideal stopover for our guests and provide them with best of basic amenities and hospitality. Do book with us whenever you happen to be in a FabHotel destination for a fabulous stay. We, at FabHotels, provide the best value for money stays to both business and leisure travelers at 150+ in 15+ cities

Reviewed 14 January 2017

The hotel name is changed to Check Inn by Oran, efficient check in, average breakfast alright staff.

negatives no wifi in room, railway station behind the hotel, so whistle may disturb you whole night if you are a light sleeper.. otherwise okay central location at Connaught place.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear Subhash,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Currently, due to wiring issues at the hotel, we are unable to provide Wi-Fi in rooms. However, guests can get the dongle from the reception whenever they want to browse the internet. We are growing as one of the leading chains of the best economy hotels at major locations across 15+ cities in India. We would love to have the pleasure of serving you again with the best of services and hospitality.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

stayed during AAHAR at pragati maidan from 15to19 march before HOLI . what a beautiful food prepared by CHEF MOHIT spaek for breakfast or dinner of course lunch was at pragati maidan very neat n clean salute to h / k mgr.
wish if it considered fitness center as workout is part n parcel of remaing young.centtraly located just behind metro bhavan and barakhamba road metro.
will recomend everyboday here n abroad.all f o team extra ordinarysanjeev has amazing exp in customer handling area n manages guest needs most efficiently.
keep it up MR GUPTA.

Room Tip: ask for executive room facing world trade centre or lalit hotel of jyotsana suri madam
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with my husband and two children aged 13 and 3 and also two of my sister in laws and their families. We asked for rooms close and ended up next door so that was great.
Hotel provided extra pull out bed each evening for our eldest.
Breakfast was lovely plenty on offer and would recommend the omelettes.
Room clean (which was a main concern of mine) fresh Bedding and comfy bed. Furniture needs a touch up but apart from this the room was lovely with a balcony on which to enjoy an early morning coffee. Noise from road not as noisy as other have said in reviews.
Staff here were always helpful and courteous. Happy to help with any of our needs.
Location is great within walking distance of connaught place
Free WiFi, a/c and fan in room worked well.
Would definitely recommend using this hotel and we will be using again when visiting delhi again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Alison R
Reviewed 24 February 2016

When I first arrived at the Hotel Aagami and entered my room, I was not impressed.First, I had booked a room with a double bed, and was given one with two single beds. And these were real single beds, about as wide across as my (admittedly not small) body. I was really tired at that point, having traveled all day, so I let it go. Okay, the bed was comfortable, and it was only two more nights after the first one, so I didn't complain. So no deduction on that point.

The a/c was only fair, never really making the room as cool as I like it when I sleep, but the ceiling fan combined with the a/c to make the room just cool enough.

Shower was okay, with a large, non-adjustable head that provided a steady, fairly powerful flow. Shower stall was large enough to move around in. Only problem was that at certain times, especially late at night or early in the morning, it would take as much as five minutes for the water to warm up. Still, not too bad most of the time.

It's a "non-smoking hotel", but the room definitely smelled of smoke when I first got there, and the smoking was verified by the cigarette burns on the tray separating the two beds. After a couple days of the a/c and fan, the smell pretty much went away, or perhaps I just got used to it.

The overall impression of the room was one of neglect. The wallpaper was peeling a little, the toilet had rust stains (or hard water stains), the afore-mentioned burn marks, the chair upholstery was ripped on one arm, there were lots of chips in the paint and the carpet was stained and loose near the bathroom. The cleaning crew did a good job with the linens, and with cleaning the bathroom every night, but these are the kinds of problems that cannot be solved by the overnight housekeeping staff.

The flat-screen TV operated all right, with perhaps three channels for English-speakers. I consider that to be acceptable. There was an in-room safe, relatively small but big enough, but the problem is that it wasn't attached to anything. I could pretty easily take it out of the room if I wanted to.

There was plenty of closet space, enough to live there for a while.

The hotel is located next to the railroad tracks (although there is a wall between them), so you will hear train horns sometimes. It didn't bother me, but I have a pretty high tolerance for that.

The wifi was just fair, only working sometimes, but so was the sim card in my phone. India.

Breakfast was a buffet affair, with a reasonable number of pre-made choices, mostly Indian, as expected. Not bad, not good.

The main benefit of the hotel is its proximity to Connaught Place (various spellings). It is a short walk, about ten minutes because of the winding streets, to the shopping and dining mecca (at least for Delhi) of C.P. All the other hotels in the area are more expensive, with the exception of some really small or really nasty places. The Metro subway has locations in C.P., so you can connect easily with other parts of the city. There are plenty of tuk-tuks and taxis nearby. The walk to C.P at night is down some lonely streets, but I didn't feel threatened at any time, except by the stray dogs that roam everywhere in Delhi.

Which brings up another point. I had asked the front desk to book me a taxi for the morning at five am, since I had an early flight. The lady at the desk wrote the request down in a ledger and said the taxi would be waiting the next morning. However, when I checked out with the sleepy desk clerk in the morning, he said no taxi had been booked. I asked if he could call me a cab, but he said that was not possible. Okay. Not a big deal for me, as I'm an able-bodied male and I simply walked down towards C.P. and found a taxi there. Not so good, however, if you're a family or otherwise unable or unwilling to walk a quarter mile to find transport.

In all, I grew to accept the place as home by the end of my three night stay. It had its faults, but it was still a fairly comfortable place to come home to every night. The price, in comparison to other hotels in the area, made it an okay buy. Just bear in mind that if you're willing to stay elsewhere in the city, you can find the equivalent place for less.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo