“Try this place for a change of pace from other hotels”

B Nineteen (B-19) Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #77 of 1,134 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I arrived very late evening/early morning greeted by a staff member posted at the door. His bed was literally right next to the gate, a norm for receiving late night travelers. Getting to my room was a bit confusing as the building is a bit of a maze on different levels, behind doors, hallways etc. The room however was perfect. Large, bright, just a touch of India, neat clean and modern bathroom, complete with a balcony.
Inside the room there was a small seating area for meals or tea. Next to that was a small desk and TV. The bed was large and comfortable although very close to the ground. I didn’t mind this but it did take a bit of getting used to. It’s a great way to feel like the Indian Royals sleeping in their beds in the old palaces. The bathroom was very nicely finished in bright white and blue tiles, glass shower stall, full time running water with plenty of hot water. My favorite part was the French-door access to the balcony. Although not private, I never saw other guests outside enjoying the view. Because of this shared balcony, 2 other rooms have access, it’s best to keep the curtains closed for privacy.
In the morning you can hear religious songs and watch the locals walking to the nearby temple. Just across the way you can catch a glimpse of Humayun Tomb. The property is set in a beautifully landscaped gated community which makes for uninterrupted, safe walks around the neighborhood. My only dislike of the location was the constant sounds of train horns blaring. I got used to it but it was there.
I left my door cracked once I was set for the day to alert the staff I was ready for breakfast. At this point I thought I would meet the owners and have a nice morning chat. My continental breakfast of fresh fruit, toast, cheese and tea was brought to the room which I then took to the balcony. It’s not everyday you can listen to India waking up while enjoying a hearty breakfast on a balcony so don’t stay inside. I soon came to realize the owners were not on site and I would not be meeting them. A disappointment that changed my feeling of the place.
After two nights stay I never did figure out how to find my room without getting lost each time. Part of the fun was exploring the building and seeing how much work went into the remodel of the former shell. Unfortunately the camera I used did not capture the elegance B19 exudes. Prices have gone up since I stayed here in 2008 which is why I skipped coming back for my 2009 stay.
This is a perfect spot for singles, couples or groups staying for more than a day in Delhi. B19 is close to sightseeing, located in a great neighborhood for walking and the rooms are very comfortable. As of this writing, I see the website has been changed to B19 Boutique Hotel, no longer classified as Bed & Breakfast. Better.

Chris
www.fullstopindia.com

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Sean C

Reviewed 21 October 2009

I have stayed at bnineteen several times over the last year. It is a beautiful place - a typical house in Delhi's posh suburbs, but refurbished with impeccable style and panache. The rooms are huge, the bathrooms beautiful, the breakfasts yummy and the service always friendly. It is now the only place I ever stay in Delhi.

One thing bineteen's perfect for is for onward travel to Agra, as it's right next to Hazrat Nizamuddin station. The team will do an early breakfast for you, and walk you right onto the Taj Express, for arrvival in Agra at 10am.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2009

If you're going to New Delhi, do yourself a favour and stay here! The amenities and service are as good as or better than any B&B you'll find anywhere. Not only is the design soothing and unique, but the staff treated me more like a personal guest than a hotel guest. The location's very convenient, safe, just close enough to the airport and train station, and the view of Humayun's tomb can't be beat.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I have stayed many times in B19 between October 2007 and December 2008, for busines trips or connecting through Delhi. I simply wouldn't stay anywhere else in this noisy, crowded and hectic city. This is an oasis, with very nice beds and splendid bathrooms (the kind of things that you cannot take for granted in India). And another atmosphere than a hotel... You just hesitate recommending it, because they may be full the next time you're around!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2009

I have been going to Delhi for many years and this was my first stay at B Nineteen - but it won't be the last. I was there on business but had some free time too and Nizamuddin East was a perfect base - away from the chaos but still very central (there's a taxi stand just round the corner - they'll call one for you - and it's easy to find a rickshaw too). It's an oasis of calm, the rooms are beautiful and the views awesome. I just felt really comfortable there. The food was delicious - you can eat in your room or better still outside on the terrace - all the rooms seemed to have their own outside space. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business