“A place worth coming to!”
Review of The Chatter House

The Chatter House
Ranked #337 of 12,990 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016

When we started searching a place to sit and eat, “The Chatter House” attracted us from the name itself. The way it was written outside, it fascinated us to go and try it once. We entered inside at around 7:30 in the evening and were welcomed by their pleasant staff. The first impression was quite good and we decided to sit there only. Very few people were around and the environment was flooded by pleasant lights and our favourite music. The visuals around were just amazing to believe. Two floors with around 40 seats each seemed to be really a great capacity. The interiors and the way everything was placed made us feel special. Red coloured bricks with different designs and light sources were drafting the wall beautifully. Walls were also having the posters of great music bands like Beatles and scripted by all time favourite songs and their chords. The Chatter House is a perfect getaway from the mundane flow of life, bringing alive the very essence of the pub culture made famous by the typical pubs of Europe.

Anyways, we thought to start making our choices and order some good food. When we saw the menu, it won our hearts. The way it was designed was again an innovation. We interacted with the restaurant owner and we got to know that they change their menu in every 2-3 months considering food habits, demand of people, seasonality and food patterns. The menu looked like some food newspaper / magazine and gave an altogether different feel. We ordered some mocktails and first was Mango Mania that was fruity blend of fresh mango with vanilla ice cream; Virgin Mojito that was so refreshing with fresh mint & lemon chunks; and Orange Sunrise that was a blend of orange juice with vanilla ice cream and grenadine tasting a little sweet & sour. We looked through the menu and ordered Garden in a Bowl, Dahi Kebab, Almond Citrus Salad, Chicken Tikka, Hummus (best in all), Galouti Kebab, and Blue Cheese Naan.

The Garden in a bowl contained baby carrots, radish, onions, roasted almonds on smoked yoghurt & eggplant puree that was finished with olive dust. It was a perfect blend of healthy food and perfect refreshing taste. Dahi Ke Kebab were fresh hung yoghurt dumplings, garlic, little spices, mint chutney and laccha onions. They were soft, low on oil & absolutely delicious.

Then, we had Almond Citrus Salad supplemented with valencia oranges, salad greens, feta & roasted almonds packed in cider vinaigrette. It was again a superb example of healthy food with yummy taste. Then, we were served hummus with home-made pita bread, olive oil and med pickles. It was one of the best we had till then made with the perfect consistency. The Chicken Tikka served with mint chutney & laccha onions was yummy and had a smokey flavour. The chicken was juicy & well marinated.

Following the same, we had Galouti Kebab that was made up of mouth melting minced lamb kebab with Ulte Tawa ka Parantha and mint chutney. They were well made and tasted appetizing. Next was Blue Cheese Naan supplemented with blue cheese stuffed mini naans, pineapple chutney and dal makhani shots. This dish was really interesting to see. The blue cheese made the taste (Can be a little too cheesy for some people) and Dal was like I never had this kind of Dal Makhani before. The taste of the dal made me feel like home. Believe me, it’s a must try here!

The ambience had started becoming more fun. We ordered our second lot of mocktails. This time it were Apple and Basil Cooler and Virgin Colada that was a concoction of pineapple juice and coconut milk with lime which were equally refreshing.

By the time, we were busy in having all these above starters, it was already 9 pm and the restaurant was full of people from different cultures. Few were having their drinks and few were on family dinner. Everyone was having different dishes, but the same purpose to have a quality time with their family and loved ones in a great ambience.

We then ordered for our main course meals. We were feeling already full, but we adjusted to have few more food items. We then ordered for Herb Chicken Pizza, Charred Chicken with Potatoes, Mac and Cheese (amazing look plus great taste), and Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni.

We started with Herb Chicken Pizza (Chicken marinated in thyme, oregano & basil) that was good and with succulent chicken on pizza with thin crust crispy base. Loved it! Then, we had Charred Chicken that was made up with half a chicken with crispy skin served with rosemary potatoes, garlic and grilled vegetables which didn’t appeal to me due to the smokey taste.

Then, we had Mac and Cheese that was a perfect example of look plus great taste. It’s a perfect comfort dish for everyone. We then had Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni, perfectly cooked with roasted garlic, spinach and ricotta stuffed cannelloni with tomato & basil sauce and finished with grand pandano cheese. It was the best healthy fit to our taste at the end of the main course.

We finally completed our main course and then ordered for desserts. Our stomach was full, but could not resist trying desserts. Vanilla Yoghurt Cake with Seasonal Fruits was delightful. Gooey Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ice-cream was absolutely wow. Its texture and decoration with low on sweetness made us feel fully satisfied.

We also met with the Captain Chef Mr. TC Joshi once we completed all our food experience session; and interacted with him and also asked his aspirations behind such innovative, tasty and refreshing foods. His initial cooking experience was in Maldives where people are so choosy and they always wanted some innovations in food. He cooks all kinds of foods except Japanese and has a great sense and passion of cooking. He recommends Kerala style cooked non-vegetarian food in the restaurant and feels that the basic idea to cook great food is to cook it slowly. He loves to cook pasta for his family especially for his 5 year old son.

This is a place worth coming. You must come here once and experience on your own. Believe me! You would love to come here again and again.

2  Thank shilpsarora

Reviewed 19 July 2016

food is great-we ordered chicken stroganoff and chicken tikka burger. Both were very good. Galouti kebab was not that great.

1  Thank Shreya A
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I have been to Chatter House couple of times and it has never disappointed me. The place has nice ambience and character. Seating area is comfortable and their food is nice. The staff is polite and smiling and make you feel very welcome. I loved their pastas as well as cocktails. It is my favorite place in Epicuria at Nehru Place.

1  Thank Nitin S
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The Chatter House in Epicuria Nehru Place. The easiest reachable destination ever by Metro. It is located on the Lower Ground Floor of Nehru place Metro Station. The ambience is quiet impressive with brick walls and its Huge sitting space with a good bar area. The live music made the evening more lively. They had a wood fire base brick oven pizza adjacent to outdoor seating.

I had limited dishes but I was satisfied what I was served.
In drinks I had Virgin Colada & Orange Sunshine.
Tostadas: crunchy base with kidney beans bell pepper & sour cream. Very crispy crunchy. Blue Cheese Naan with Dal makhni shots is the best I had . Dahi ke kebab were well prepared and these are quality kebab.
Gooey Chocolate cake with Coffe ice-cream was best. Coffee was prominently felt on taste buds.
My friends had Gosht Biryani with Raita n salan, Galauti Kebab & Medditerranean Style Prawns in non veg & they liked Biryani & Prawns very much.
Overall a good experience.

1  Thank BTO28
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I had good expectations from this place but sadly it was bad! This place is located inside the epicuria. I went their with my friend. No doubt this place is great for having long conversations with snacks and beverages! Ambience is amazing with loud music and amazing interiors! Staff is also good..waiters were attentive. Now the main part-food! food was bland..I ordered Chatterhouse Vegetarian Platter which had jacket potato, onion rings, paneer tikka, pita and hummus. When the platter arrived, I was amazed to see such meagre quantity and such high price. Now I started tasting every item one by one..I finished the platter sadly. I was really disappointed. It was so bland..no spices. Paneer tikka was so hard and rubbery consistency. Jacket potatoes were too salty. onion rings were just too thin! For the beverages, I had wild garden which was pretty good! it has that tangy tinge which was refreshing. I also had hazelnut cold coffee which was not good..it was too sweet n sugary. I asked the waiter to balance the sweetness, He added milk and cream and then the hazelnut flavour disappeared! overall i would say that its a cool place to hangout but if you want to have good food, then this is not the place! i was not satisfied at all. Only the staff and ambience was good!