Liked most: Leaving!
Liked least: Hard sell of tour/travel packages
We only stayed for two nights, but wouldn't have stayed for any had we not already paid via the internet. If you're thinking of staying at this hotel, please don't. I just don't want anyone else to have the same experience as us.
We arranged for transport from the airport which proved very useful, and the car driver was on time and very friendly. The hotel itself was down an alleyway, but I guess a lot of Delhi hotels are. The room was a good size, but even if the sheets and pillowcases had been cleaned, they certainly didn't look it. We ended up putting tshirts on the pillows before we dared lay our heads on them!
The area is very noisy at night. We couldn't shut out the noise from outside as there was an air con unit fitted to the window - not that it worked, as the plug had been cut off. Inside the hotel was also very noisy with staff shouting to one another and music playing. Could also hear another hotel guest being very ill in the room upstairs... Yuk! Always seemed to be about 10 staff around, and except for the very smiley doorman, no-one seemed to do much unless they thought there was a good chance of a tip!
On the first day, we asked reception for directions to the train station but he insisted on calling the manager. The manager arrived. Again, we asked directions. So when he led us outside and through the streets, we naively thought he was taking us there - no, he was taking us to the Mohan's sister hotel where he proceeded to 'hard sell' his tour packages. After an hour of explaining we weren't ready to buy anything, we left and he was obviously unhappy about it - not offering any help in locating the train station or even returning to the Mohan. We were now in an area completely unknown to us, in the middle of Delhi, on our first day there. To say this was a bit scary is an understatement, and just underlines how little the Mohan International thinks of their guests - perhaps people who do buy their travel packages get treated a lot better.
Please don't stay here unless you know the area, don't mind the noise, are able to say 'no' very forcefully, and are completely financially unable to stay elsewhere. I honestly think the good reviews on tripadvisor must have been put up by the manager, employees or friends of the hotel because I can't imagine any other reason why people would recommend this hotel to others.
Please don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at a few minutes’ walk from New Delhi Railway Station, FabHotel Paharganj is synonymous with leisure, comfort and affordability. With an advantageous location and inviting ambiance, the hotel appeals one and all. Its rooms exuberate with vibrancy and liveliness via contemporary architecture, snug furniture and bright lighting. The rooms are well-ventilated and furnished with several modern conveniences such as air-conditioning, LCD TV, mini-bar, tea/coffee maker, safes and sitting area. Added amenities include parking, laundry, travel desk, power backup, security, elevators, pick and drop (on request) and room service. The hotel’s in-house dining features delectable Indian, Chinese and Continental dishes. It offers good connectivity from the airport, Connaught Place, major attractions like Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Jama Masjid, Red Fort and Jantar Mantar along with popular market places such as Karol Bagh, Chandni Chowk, Chawri Bazaar and Sadar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your FabHotel Paharganj reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohan International Hotel
- Hotel Mohan International
- Mohan International Delhi