“Thoroughly enjoyable stay”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #11 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here for the first night of a 6 day Taj tour and again on the last day. Lovely huge rooms. Attentive staff. We ate twice in the garden restaurant and enjoyed both times. The pool was huge and clean, a nice place to relax. Beers were 225 rupees plus tax and a bottle of Indian wine 425 rupees. A couple of tips. Some of the rooms are smoking and if you are a non smoker remember to request a non smoking one because the whole corridor smelt smokey. If you want water or soft drinks there is a tiny shop just outside the hotel on the other side of the road,take a left from the front gate. If you turn right from the hotel and walk 5 mins and cross just after the metro station there is a really helpful chemist more or less in the carpark at the hospital again across the road. Cashing traveller cheques at the hotel was easy as was changing sterling into rupees. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Guest

I sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel and services. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

The team at Maidens hotel Delhi.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We spent two nights here at the tail end of a trip around Rajastan. I was very impressed with this place. Because we were kind of sick of being on the road, we spent an afternoon just hanging out at the pool, which was amazing. The grounds are kept perfectly, and it is an amazingly peaceful retreat, which feels very much removed from the surrounding city. The rooms were large and nice, and the service and restaurant were great. My only two complaints are (1) the air conditioning was a little funky, and you couldn't control it directly from your room, and (2) this place proved a constant challenge for taxis and autorickshaws to find. I read that complaint in a few reviews before I left, and just assumed it was the reviewers fault for not explaining it correctly to the driver, etc..., but it really is true. We routinely had taxis get lost once they got in the general vicinity. I know its the oldest hotel in town, but for some reason it seems off the radar to a lot of drivers. In any event, the metro is very close and that proved very convinent for getting around town.

All in all, this place is just a half-step below the real perfection of some of the 5-star places in town, but it is still very nice, and a great deal if you can get a good price online.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at trip advisori. We have all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

We have carefully noted your feedback regarding air conditionong and taxi's and can assure we will address this immediately.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future once again.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Enormous room, very colonial looking hotel. Food very expensive, 2 toasted sandwiches and 2 coffees £30. Never the less still enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Maidens. We thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your comments on trip advisor.

We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you were to your satisfaction.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I opted to stay here to end my journey through India in some luxury after roughing it for a while. I wanted a luxury hotel and I got one.
I arrived quite tired and was thrilled to be offered a free upgrade to a very swish room... And I did not even hint. The quality of the rooms is outstanding. The best is cleanliness (i constantly saw eagle eyed staff pouncing on any scrap of litter they saw) decor, peacefullness, quiet, space and modernity I have ever stayed in. The walk in wardrobe was bigger than some of the rooms in my own house. The bathroom included an enormous shower and equally large bath tub... Which was heavenly... And all the hot water you could want. Very good appliances are also supplied for coffee, tv, hair and so on. And a bed as large and luxurious as you could ask for.
The staff were incredibly nice and professional. Not just at the desk but throughout the hotel. I stupidly forgot to collect my passport after they went off to get a photocopy but it was promptly returned by the staff to my room minutes later. When asked for advice they always gave me genuine options and I got what I asked for. I was charged what I expected which is a nice bonus for India.
The hotel itself is an old colonial building and the heritage it has makes for a pleasant environment.
The breakfast buffet is of a very high order and of great variety from indian to western, including the best coffee of my trip, and the service offered when dining is impressive.
Maidens is also very safe and secure. They have their own drivers who charge reasonable standard taxi rates for India and the security staff check all cars and people coming in.
The only negatives I would mention are the additional costs for things like wifi and breakfast. It is a 5 star hotel and charges 5 star prices for what most places offer for free these days - even the high end hotels.
The location is ok. It is only a short trip to the amazing red fort and the main bazaar. There is also a metro stop near by which makes most of th other sights that are on the southern end of the city quite accessible. But nothing much is within walking distance... Sights or food which can be a pain at times.
This was an ideal final stop on my trip as one can get touted out in India and also the more colonial like luxurious heritage of India is worth exploring and I think I got a good sense of this during my stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank nealq

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for posting your views about Maidens Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are overwhelmed to recieve your feedback and have shared it with all our team members. We have noted your comment and start working on it. Your every word has been very motivating and inspiring for all of us.

Thank you so much for placing us high on your expectation levels.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Maidens in not too distant furture.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hotel is in a good location for the sights of both new and old Delhi. Rooms are big , service is good and pool area is clean.

Stayed: March 2012
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Maidens and we thank you for your valuable time in posting yous comments on trip advisor.
We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you, were to your satisfaction.

Look forward to welcoming you once again at Maidens Hotel.