“Unexpectedly good :)”

Hotel Akshay Deluxe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Akshay Deluxe
Ranked #488 of 1,136 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel on a very hot May summer afternoon, I was with my family and on a tight budget too, I was skeptical looking at the area and the location of the hotel but once we entered we were very warmly received by the staff, the rooms slotted to us was very good, the best part was availability of multi cuisines at Hotel Akshaye deluxe, the room service was very prompt in it's service. Thankfully the hotel had power back up the whole time. The reception also gave us a good package of 'Delhi Darshan' the very next day. The bill I paid was very economical and Overall a very good stay, I just wish the hotel was a little towards the main road easier to get auto and public conveyance.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank traveltard

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I came from Chennai with my husband and we hadnt booked a hotel.This hotel was very close to the railway station and in the heart of Delhi.
We got a warm welcome from the reception staff,the staff was courteous and helpful.
We ordered south India food which to my surprise was very well cooked.
The staff also gave us a good packeage for Manali and Delhi sight seeing.
Since the hotel is in heart of Delhi it was very convinient for us to go anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank simran c
Reviewed 15 September 2012

me and my partner were taken by a taxi to this hotel since we both were new to the place and we didn't have any booking anywhere. we reached delhi early in the morning around 7 am from Shimla. the room was nice with ac. since we have train ticket for next evening, we have to pay for one and a half day. the price was reasonable.

we ordered food through the room phone in their restaurant. 1 hour went and it didn't arrive so we called again.. they didn't reply properly. then we called on room service and said about it. they replied that restaurants dont tell them so we have to order through room service. we were hungry and we have to wait again till the breakfast arrives. then we ordered lunch later, which arrives on time but they didn't bring the spoon and fork. So, we asked for it and waitied. they didn't come. so we ate with our hand. its better to stay hungry than eating over there.. really bad.

if you are in delhi for short visit and you just need room then its perfect otherwise select another. the room looks good with huge bed and ac and furniture. they dont have dustbin in a room and toilet. the floor is of tiles and there is no mat/foot towel outside of the bathroom, so be careful, for you may slip. power cut many times. room service is pathetic.

p.s. the hotel staffs makes alot of noise. since we arrived in the morning, i tried to sleep but couldn't sleep because of their chatting and walking and the pathetic room bell

Room Tip: top room to avoid noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I happned to be in Delhi this summers with my family. The auto rikshaw guy suggested me to this hotel. Had a warm welcome from the Hotel Manager. The hotel is recently renovated and and offers good rooms at reasonable prices. It is very close to New Delhi railway station, so saves lot of your time. Has a good resturant too with room service. Thanks Hotel Akshay delxure for making my stay comfortable.
However, room service can be further improved.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We arrived at 0400 and agreed to pay a half-day rate until check in time that day and the full room rate thereafter for 2 nights. I obviously should have heeded the advice that one should get everything in writing and signed in advance, but it had not been neccessary prior to this while travelling in India. Upon check-out a staff member who had not been present at check-in, and who apparently had no record of my advance payments, attempted to make us pay something around 8000Rs for the 2 nights and 8 hours we'd stayed there. When i said that he was attempting to rip us off he became defensive and refused to negotiate, obviously hoping we'd give in. I ended up threatening to leave and/or call the police and he settled for 3500 including what I'd already payed. the difference in his claim on the bill and what he accepted (4500Rs) to me indicates that he was fully aware of what the true cost of our stay should have been. I do not mind staying in hotels that have dirty sheets, windows that dont close and drains that- lacking S-bends- vent the smell of the sewage system beneath the building into the room. But i do not mind this because, typically, they are low cost and I'm not in India for fancy hotels. What I do mind is when people think that it is acceptable to attempt to exploit foreigners out of their money by some twisted personal ethical standards, and proceed to defend their underhanded manner as though you've insulted them. If i could have it my way this hotel would be closed and these men never allowed to manage a hospitality business again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple