3,341 results
All reviews rooftop pool le cirque library bar qube restaurant royal club cube restaurant beautiful hotel flower arrangements indian restaurant pillow menu diplomatic enclave pure luxury luxury hotel club floor breakfast buffet an oasis megu
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My partner and I have just spent three nights at the Leela Palace, and I certainly can wholeheartedly recommend it as the Super Five Star property they aspire to be! Check in is quick and very courteous, featuring an introduction to the floor butler and a complete explanation of the room's many amenities. Breakfast, included in the room rate, is a superb mix of buffet and food cooked to order. The rooms themselves are spacious, immaculate, very comfortable, and quiet. The concierge team, led by Mr. Varun Mehta, goes way out of its way to be helpful and informative - they provide great service, on a par or better than any other five star hotel we have ever stayed at, anywhere! The rooftop infinity swimming pool, with a wonderful view of most of New Delhi, is a great sanctuary from a very busy and often noisy city. What a wonderful home base from which to experience New Delhi!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulesLandsman
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was my second visit to the Leela in Delhi and the first hotel I stayed at in a string of 10 on a recent business trip. After staying here it's all down hill as Leela sets the bar very high when it comes to luxury hotels. It is extremely hard to fault anything about the service, food or environment, unless you're not a lover of opulence, which Leela has in spades. I particularly love the flowers, where no expense is spared. As I was travelling alone, I appreciated the service and pleasant conversation offered by the team at Le Cirque, the 10th floor Italian restaurant. The food here is also excellent, and I will remember an amazing carrot and cardammon souffle for a long time to come.

During my stay there appeared to be a political summit happening with a Head of State staying at the hotel. This did cause an increase in security and involved guests having to use an alternative entrance. The staff handled this with their normal good grace, but the only drawback was the security guards in the hotel corridors who continued nosiy conversations through the night. As this was clearly a one-off I did not complain and managed to sleep through.

The hotel's location is reasonable for visiting most of the sights, and the Lodi gardens are very near by taxi. I'd also recommend the shopping in Hauz Khas village.

Despite the minor hiccup it would take a lot to disuade me from staying here again and again. Highly recommended for business or for pleasure - It really would be hard to go wrong with the Leela.

Room Tip: Even the standard rooms at the Leela are large, brilliantly appointed and fit for a king, so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DanBCooper
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Just got back from a week in Delhi. We stayed on the Royal Club level at the Leela Palace, and we can't say enough good things about the experience. The hotel staff consistently exceeded our expectations, and treated us like family the entire week. The room was great, the food excellent, staff was always ready to assist us. The Royal Club benefits gave excellent value. Every detail was executed in a superb fashion, from an early morning welcome to the surprise birthday cake, card, and champagne from the staff for our daughter. The staff was happy to recommend things to see and places to eat across the city. There was no heavy sell for the hotel restaurants, however we found them to be very good, if a bit pricey. All in all, we had an fantastic stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the Royal Club level rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I've stayed in 5 stars in many parts of the world but this had the best service I've ever experienced. Truly top class, nothing overlooked, every need fulfilled. I've never been treated so well. Each floor has a butler there to help with your every request. I was at the rooftop pool reading emails on my phone while lying down, slightly lifting my head, and the pool guy comes over and puts a rolled-up towel behind my neck without asking. Ridiculous. So nice. I also had a good bottle of wine to take back with me and asked for bubble wrap. After returning from a meeting the bottle was perfectly wrapped and ready to go. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingMahesh
Reviewed 23 September 2012

A new traditional 5 star hotel with noting to complain about. Great concierge which arranged trips in the city etc. Food great- didn't get any belly problems-remember you are in India! A must is to lie at the pool at the roof with stunning views of this bustling BIG city. Don't miss Taj Mahal, which is worth the 5 hour drive inindian traffice.....an experience of it's own.....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple