3,376 results
All reviews rooftop pool le cirque library bar qube restaurant royal club cube restaurant beautiful hotel flower arrangements indian restaurant pillow menu diplomatic enclave pure luxury luxury hotel club floor breakfast buffet an oasis megu
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at the Leela Palace in Delhi and I can safely say this is the best hotel I have been to in India. I travel there every year for work/vacation and have stayed at the Oberoi/Taj/Imperial and this is definitely a step above. I arrive at 200 am and they completed check in at my room so I could get more sleep. Breakfast the following morning was a great spread of both Indian and Western food. Had dinner at Jamavaar which was also excellent though the menu could be more varied. The room was gorgeous- very modern and well appointed but at the same time very traditionally Indian. Bathoom was beautiful marble with a huge sink in tub that had rose petals and a TV to watch while you bathe! What however set the hotel apart was the service from the staff. Nothing was too much to do from a specific coffee to running to the pharmacy to get medicine I had left at home (this was done at no additional charge). The spa is also not to be missed with excellent service. All in all this is the place to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sguntupalli
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The experience of staying in this hotel was far beyond expectations. We booked this hotel on our honeymoon to India as a treat in New Delhi. We stayed here 4 nights and from the welcome to the check out evrything was amazing. The staff is very helpful, the amenities such as the gym are outstanding and our room was surprisingly spacious and well decorated. The restaurant is also great except that we were not that impressed with the breakfast buffet. Staying in this hotel does make you feel like royalty!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lakshman P
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I spent 2 weeks in India in January 2012. It was our first visit, and we stayed at the following hotels in order: Leela Palace (Delhi), Raas Haveli (Jodhpur), The Serai (near Jaisalmer), Oberia Udaivilas (Udaipur), and Imperial Hotel (Delhi). The Leela Palace was our 2nd favorite stop, behind The Serai.

We spent 2 nights at the Leela Palace and had an excellent experience. There are many hotels claiming to be top-flight in Delhi but I can't imagine they are better than this (the Imperial certainly is far far far off - see my review). We stayed in a club-floor room, which I would highly recommend since you can stop in for snacks, drinks and great service at your leisure.

First of all, the establishment is relatively new and beautifully decorated. The lobby is magical. There are flowers all over the interior are huge, stunning arrangements. You could spend a couple of hours just wandering around the property enjoying the decor.

Our room was spacious and perfectly appointed. Bed was fantastic, seating was plentiful and the windows offered a great view. Of special note was the spa-like bathroom; easily one of the best we've encountered. The bathroom is huge with excellent lighting, a spacious separate bathtub, separate rainfall shower, etc. If you appreciate a great bathroom, you'll like this place.

The service was also top-notch. Nothing was missed and requests were executed quickly and kindly. The hotel set up car services for us at the drop of a hat and he drivers were knowledgeable and helped us experience Delhi.

We dined at the main Indian restaurant, which was wonderful - it was possibly the best meal we had during our visit. They offered an amazing array of flavors over several courses. Only thing I wish was that there were a few more vegetarian dishes; the meal fairly meat heavy.

Even the value of the hotel (outside of the meals) was great. This room turned out to be one of the cheapest during our stay yet outperformed other properties. I'd book it again in a heartbeat should we return.

I enjoy picking out little things in a hotel that they can improve, but here it's hard to do so. Thanks to the Leela for the perfect start to an incredible trip.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iranison
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel is the joint best hotel I have ever stayed, and i have been to lots of nice places. The greeting was perfect, the staff were attentive, ven though it was busy. The rooms were fairly large and very nice and extremely comfortable. The food at the restaurant, The Cube, was perfect, especially breakfast. We had a driver, Ash, who was very kind and I felt very safe with him. I highly reccomend you stay here.

Room Tip: Any room. Normal room is fairly big.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay at some wonderful hotels, but far and away my favorite will remain The Leela Palace in New Delhi. From the moment we were greeted in the hotel lobby with the traditional Namaste (folding of hands as a means of showing respect), a Lei of flowers draped around our neck and a Bindhi placed on your forehead, we knew that we were in a very special place.
I recommend staying at the Club Level as you have certain perks that really make you feel like Royalty. I would also recommend a package that includes the Breakfast Buffet. It is varied, fresh, and made to order.
We stayed at the Leela for four nights and decided to use their staff to chauffeur us around Delhi to see UNESCO sights and to take us to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Our driver, Mr Singh, was by far the most professional of drivers that we have ever had. Always concerned about our safety, patient with us as we were forever stopping to take photos, Mr. Singh will always leave a very positive and lasting impression on us. In fact, as we parted, and in the most genuine spirit, Mr. Singh turned to me and said, "My friend". A comment which I will forever remember! and pretty much the impression that The Leela Palace left on us. "WE WERE TREATED LIKE THE CLOSEST OF FRIENDS! LIKE FAMILY! LIKE ROYALTY! What better experience can one have.
For certain I will return to India one day as it is the most remarkable of countries that I have had the privilege of visiting.
For certain I will return to the Leela Palace as it is the most remarkable of Hotels that I have had the privilege of staying.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple