Aashiyan Bed & Breakfast
USD 150*
USD 135*
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
USD 327*
USD 93*
USD 87*
USD 70*
Agoda.com
All reviewsb bjp singhhome from homethe home cooked fooda hot water bottlegreat night's sleepcharming homestayplaying cricketflight pathgracious hostsindian hospitalitytwo nightsmasala omelettesmall balconylong flightceiling fanplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was a solo traveler on my first 1st trip to India and this was the perfect place to land! My stay was extremely comfortable and I really enjoyed talking with the family members. The food was delicious and the staff was also amazing. I work in the travel industry and highly recommend this property for all types of travelers! You will immediately feel welcomed and learn about the Indian way of life. Thank you Kiran and family!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Roxydmb212
KiranSingh, Manage website & responses at Aashiyan Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thankyou for your kind words

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at Aashiyan for two nights in November 2011; - our first stop on a long awaited and much anticipated trip to India. We arrived, jet lagged and slightly bemused, to be warmly and considerately welcomed by JP. Our room was extremely comfortable and the surrounding area pleasant and peaceful. After a rest we were pointed in the direction of a nearby coffee shop and we also explored Shivalik Enclave and a nearby park. We enjoyed chatting about all sorts of things with Kiran on our return. She too made us feel very comfortable in her lovely home. We can only echo the comments of other guests about the breakfasts and evening meals; - don't even contemplate eating elsewhere! When we left we felt completely refreshed after our long flight, bouyed up by all of the fascinating sites/sights on our tour Old and New Delhi and all the richer for being given an interesting insight into everyday life in Modern India.Thank you Kiran and JP.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny F
Reviewed 29 January 2012

After staying at Aashiyan two nights, I can highly recommend this bed and breakfast. The owners and their help are very kind and very helpful – an ideal first experience for India (or for any other time). They helped us negotiating the labyrinthine train system – something that takes a lot more advising than it sounds like – directed us to a good store to get our cell phone working, always had suggestions for what to do and see, advised us on how to get around, called places for us when we needed information, gave us juice to take on the train, etc. In addition, there were nice touches like bottled water and fibrous biscuits (important for the visitor to India!).

Our room on the second story was very spacious, with high ceiling and marble floors. It was also very clean. The Trip Advisor photos do not do the place justice – it is nicer than it looks with high standards of cleanliness. They were kind enough to let us check in early and out late.

Aashiyan is located in a quiet neighborhood insulated from the tumult of Delhi. It is a metro ride away from the city center. The metro itself is very clean and modern – nicer, for instance, than either the London tube or the NYC subway – and we never felt threatened.

Breakfast was also lovely, especially the Indian paratha – which we had both stuffed with potatoes and served with homemade yogurt and once with an Indian egg scramble with mango chutney and mango pickle accompaniments.

In sum, the intimate scale of Aashiyan, its peace and quiet, the chance to spend a few days in a pleasant Delhi neighborhood, it spacious rooms, its cleanliness, its tasty breakfasts, and – not least – its gracious and helpful proprietors makes this place an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Our stay here was fabulous. Kiran, JP and their staff were lovely as was Cuddles the dog. We ordered a meal for our first evening, it was beautiful and fresh with a huge selection. Breakfast was plentiful and lovely (gorgeous hot buttered toast)
The bed was so comfy it really was a drag to get myself out of it in the morning.
The homestay is within walking distance (or a INR40 tuk tuk ride) of a big shopping centre with restaurants and a cinema and is a quiet location away from the noise of the city.
I would highly reccomend a stay here whilst in Delhi.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Dear Mrs. Singh.
It was indeed a wonderful experience during my stay at Aashiyan!! It was a home away from home!! I was travelling alone so was very apprehensive about my stay in a big city like Delhi, but your hospitality, warmth and care made me extremely comfortable. The ambience at Aashiyan is so peaceful and relaxing that I have come back totally rejuvenated. I am missing the mouth watering Indian delicacies prepared for my meals. I take this opportunity to send accross a heartfelt thanks and my regards. See you soon as I cannot think of any other place to stay in Delhi except Aashiyan.
Thanks for all your warmth and making my stay a memorable one.

Regards,
Ekta Patel

Room Tip: All are equivalently good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo