“Jazzed up place ”

The Bar Cat
Ranked #545 of 13,298 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: USD 4 - USD 20
Neighbourhood: South Extension/Lajpat Nagar
Description: A Jazz/Cocktail Club serving the best of the 1920's. The Bar Cat is the biggest throwback to an era of grandeur and splendor. Come join us in bringing the 20's alive
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This place is like a fresh breath! Monochrome interiors with leather lounges, a place for family, date or a stag seating arrangement is done the right way. The amphitheatre kinda feel where music, gigs and more will keep you entertained.

The menu is not bombarded with zillions of regular dishes, but keeps it simple slaying with presentation. Unlike other places, vegetarians have been almost equal attention. Staff is aware of the food and drinks menu.

First, each and every dish is exotic. Their USP is Jazz, refreshing drinks(mocktails, for now as their bar license is yet to arrive) and eye candy - drooling portions of food.

Started with Casavva Cubes with yoghurt dip, Panama Mama drink.
Moved to Spinach and Mushroom tree, which is beautifully plated and so so so good tasting!
Cheesy Asparagus was quite and never had before thing. Each flavour bursted in mouth at every bite.
Risotto was among the best ones I've had. Perfect creamy, well cooked rice and mushrooms.
I loved Aglio-O-Olio so much that I finished the whole portion of it by myself. Yummmm!

From the big plates, I ate Bread Ratatouille. Loaded with veggies and cheese, this bread slice is served with onion rings and fries.

The chocolate tart accompanied with mousse and icecream.ball covered in chocolate is a bliss for chocolate lovers.

Apart from the above, I had Dumb Dora drink, capaccino and in house fresh baked *the best ever* focaccia bread.

There isn't anything which one cannot love about this place. Nothing.

A superb team at kitchen, bar and the staff.

Cheers!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

What a lovely experience it was !

Bar cat is an unconventional bar and dining with old school interiors and complimenting music ! Everything is black and classy with dim lights and chic furniture.

Tried some appetisers like Spinach and Mushroom Tree, Chicken nuggets, prawns etc that turned out to be amazing. Special mention to the in-house chicken nuggets that were extremely juicy. The spinach tree was one the prettiest (and tasty) dishes! Must try!

Went on to have a Mushroom Ravioli which was nothing less than perfect. Creamy sauce, nicely cooked Ravioli and that aroma of mushroom around !

Besides the good food, drinks were equally nice but what stole the show for me were the desserts.

Honestly who expects a bar to do desserts to well?
We had Toffee glazed carrot cake and Trio of Brûlée.
Carrot cake was a perfect bake and the Toffee sauce dripping through, was ecstatic! Brûlée was caramelised on top just the way it should have been !

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The Bar Cat is an amazing option in the ever busy South extension market. South ex was devoid of fine dine places and Bar Cat is certainly welcoming option. It is a Jazz themed cocktail club which we all Delhites will certainly love.I was here with my buddies and we had a great culinary experience. Interiors are well done with minimalistic decor in monochrome and comfy leather seating arrangement. This place is apt for romantic dates. Now coming to the food, we started with Spinach mushroom tree which was truly an art on my plate. It was so artistically presented .It tasted good too. It was a treat to my eyes and tastebuds. Grilled asparagus topped with Hollandaise sauce and granola nuts was another stellar dish which was new to my tastebuds. I never relished asparagus in this way. Do try this dish if you love to experiment with new dishes and taste. Crusty potato skin is a must-have if you love potatoes and carbs. It is very comforting dish with goodness of Philadelphia cheese. Now, coming to the mains- I had mushroom ravioli with creamy artichoke sauce. It was one of the finest ravioli I had in Delhi. The ravioli filling had porcini mushrooms which were heavenly. The posh linguine aglio olio was mindblowing and it set my tastebuds on fire. Being a lover of spicy food, this dish was certainly my fav. Now coming to the sweet ending, I had sinfully indulgent chocolate hazelnut tart which not only looked delicious but tasted even more delish. It was served with french vanilla mousse and hazelnut chocolate mousse. Special mention for the artistic presentation of each and every dish, being a lover of Art, it was a purely a delight to visit this place. Service was impeccable and staff was courteous. I am definitely visiting soon with my buddies to spend another memorable meal experience.
Follow my food journey on instagram- teekhi_mircheee

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The suave new place in South Ex has some classy 1920's American Jazz themed elements which make for an interesting decor theme. The food is also very well-crafted and mostly explores the Continental cuisine. It is great to see a focus on a lot of Baked savories like Flat Breads and pies. I tried the Teriyaki Chicken Wings and they were really good with a generous glaze of sweet-ish teriyaki sauce which was literally dripping from the hearty and succulent chicken pieces. The cheesy Chicken Mushroom Ragout Flatbread was a wonderful and hearty toast topped with finely chopped chicken and Mushroom in a ragout preparation. Very rich and cheesy. For the main course, we went for the Wild Mushroom risotto which was a Great decision considering the risotto was a fabulous one with the right quality of mushrooms and rice in a thick sauce, topped with truffles. I wasn't particularly not impressed with the Chicken & Shrimp Cannoleni because of an overpowering Kaffir Lime flavour (gave it a Thai Twist). In desserts, we tried the oh-so-sinful yet very delicious Chocolate Haze Tart (hats off to the portion size).

All in all, with excellent food and chic interiors, the place is all set to rock the party and fine dining scene of South Delhi.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Food 5/5 stars.
Ambience 5/5 stars.

In the USA this dining experience would have costed $25-35 per person and would be packed.

Excellent service and ambience.