Megha Homestay
USD 179*
USD 158*
USD 144*
USD 121*
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
USD 129*
USD 114*
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
USD 280*
USD 126*
USD 118*
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmr amanhome away from homejangpura metro stationpark viewhomely staythe rooms were nicenorth indiaplace to stayresidential areatrain ticketsguest housewalking distancehotel is situatedgreat hospitalityparathadriverdelhi
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here for one night before catching a train at Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station. The place was a bit hard to find, but once I got there it was very nice. After having a cup of chai with the owner, he showed me to my room. It was a great room and the bed was really comfortable. He gave me a portable heater to make my sleep more comfortable, which was great. The breakfast the next morning was great and then the owner was nice enough to drop me off at the train station. Definitely a nice place to stay in Delhi!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband, friends and I recently planned a three week trip to India and Bhutan. One of the best decisions we made was to pick Megha Homestay as our home away from home. Aman, his family and staff were terrific and very helpful with plans on the ground. They welcomed us back three times during our trip to their warm, large, comfortable home. One of my favorite memories will always be our last afternoon when a couple of us loaded into a van with Aman's daughter Megha and his mother and they took us shopping for gold and clothing at shops they loved. We went to spots we never would have known about and had a very fun afternoon. I highly recommend Megha Homestay!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 30 January 2012

While looking for a staying place in Delhi, I was keen for one which is rather informal, cosy, well situated but still away from the maddening crowd and not be expensive. In Megha homestay I got almost all of that.

NOT the usual “busy-ness” noises with professional smiling faces……read plastic smiles….and mirror finish walls………..BUT a well spruced up home atmosphere, a gentle family ….. a complete family with the elders who would also smile at you, even though they hardly would have got to know you but their smile acknowledges your presence and the tacit welcome in the “home”……… a lovable dog from the lhasa breed called pogo who wouldn’t be suspicious of your presence but actually run up to love you as soon as you’re settled down. A clean and hygienic home stay where the kitchen actually prepared hot fresh food cooked in the non commercial manner and a cosy room to have it in ……which seemed more of a study room, with book shelves and nice paintings around you and only added to the flavour of the home stay! I understand the actual dining room for a larger group is also there.
I do feel, however, that it could have been a shade lesser on the expense part of it, but well after all he too has to make a living and profitable survival out of it so wouldn’t say much on that. Though would suggest that if firm commitments are made for the stay, he should have package rates viz, “week rates” or say “5 day rates” or “weekend rates” and likewise, which would make things attractive and easier for both the guests and the hosts, respectively. And that I say would set Megha home stay apart from the commercial world too.

The ambience at this place…. Both indoor and outdoor…. Was very nice…. The park right in front is a boon in the concretized Delhi lined with black tarmac……Far from the maddening crowd though not so far either from the commercial hubs, as the travel points are nearby… the ultra modern Delhi metro being the best which is just a walk away, like I did, if you’re not loaded with luggage. If you are, then surely Aman would offer a courtesy drop.

Regretfully, I cannot ramble on here longer about the virtues of Megha home stay, though have tried to highlight the salient points but should any reader have any concern about anything specific, please feel free to approach me on it and we can discuss in detail as much as I can.

Take care all, and thanks to all who read and benefit from my review.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank CoolMan_12
Reviewed 28 January 2012

we stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed the homestay very much. The room was comforable and spacious and the food delicious. Mr. Aman was ready to help at all times and planned all the day trips in Delhi for us. The homestay is centrally located and near to all major tourist attractions. In addition, it has a quiet and peacful surrounding with a lovely public garden. We can strongly recommend the Megha Homestay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jude D
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We can thoroughly recommend the Megha Homestay. We were welcomed warmly, and our host Aman was so kind and helpful at all times. The rooms are very comfortable and there's no need to go out in the evening after a long day's sightseeing. It's WELL worth staying in for the wonderful food (veg and non veg) at very reasonable prices. The house is situated in a quiet street overlooking a beautiful little park, yet the brilliant Delhi metro is only a couple of minutes walk away, so access to the rest of the city is easy, quick and cheap. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Telephone or mail and speak to Aman personally. All rooms are quiet, but some are larger than others.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple