All reviews small indian the main house guest house is downtown delhi indian food paratha driver airport metro guesthouse hospitality chaos furnishings ms
Reviewed 20 October 2008

This exquisite guesthouse provides an unmatched experience for travelers to India. It is located in a suburban enclave of mansions, where your every need is taken care of. It's like staying with family, if your family had beautiful taste and about a dozen servants, drivers, cooks, and gardeners, to attend to your every need.

Owner Mamta Sharma arranged massages and a cellphone for me, mailed postcards, tracked down and contacted an acquaintance I had met a dozen years ago at a conference in Prague, sent out my laundry, had the cook prepare my favorite dishes, found a dance performance, arranged city tours and a wonderful but inexpensive trip to Agra, took me to a crafts fair - it goes on and on. She sent me with a driver everywhere, and would not think of allowing me a moment of public transportation.

When you look at the bill, all these arrangements add up to a very budget-minded kind of luxury: perhaps $30 for the massage, very little for days of chauffeurs, wonderful dinners for $7, etc.The clothes they sent out to clean came back knife pleated and fragrant, for mere cents.

The Estate makes India travel the most effortless ever - in a place you'd expect some heat, dust, and hassle.

Mamta's television reporter husband Chetan, and her adorable daughter Shyla, are very much part of her enterprise at "The Estate." There is no other travel home-away-from-home like this that I have ever found. There are only 6 rooms - book way in advance. "The Estate" experience is going to get around...
Syd Golston, Scottsdale, Arizona

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank sydgolston
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Wow,

Stayed for 1 month, and found the staff and owners the Best! When I needed help with anything, they came thru for me. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Damian Scozzari

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2008

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, secluded get away for our anniversary and we found this place through tripadvisor. It was WONDERFUL! Mamta, her family and staff made sure we had the most pleasant, restful, romantic time. The setting was more romantic than even our wedding night or honeymoon -- with candles, roses and cake! Though we were in Delhi, the B&B is in a secluded location and the view from the room of tall green trees and a lush lawn -- made you feel you were in your own world. It was a perfect blend of privacy yet hospitality. Mamta was so helpful in helping us decide where to go for dinner or out and about in nearby Delhi. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linfam
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I strongly recommend this B and B. B&B is a new official concept in India, its is rated nb 2 in Delhi. Matma, the owner as well as her employees are very nice, large rooms, great breakfast, you can order a massage and a meal, everything in this relaxing place. Much much better than these (high end) hotels next to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2008

We are currently on an around the world trip for 8 months with our twin 12 year old daughters. We traveled from Turkey to New Delhi. We booked our reservations on line with immediate response from Mamta. She was very accommodating with our circumstances. We spent 10 wonderful days in Delhi thanks to The Estate. Upon arriving, after a short nap following 36 hours of traveling, Mamta sat down with us to find out our likes, dislikes and to help plan our itinerary during our stay. Our room was very lovely, spotless clean, with all the comforts of home. The staff is unbelievable. They anticipate all of your needs and you want for nothing.It is really a family B&B. Mamta, Chetan, Shila and their parents all add to this experience. Any problem or question is solved within minutes with their endless source of contacts. I would like to say that it is like a home away from home but if that were really true-I would never leave my own home.The grounds and gardens are beautiful and the terrace garden awesome.The meals are amazing. Whatever your food desires are they are prepared to fulfill your wishes. The knowledge of the staff about sites around Delhi is like having a guide book in your back pocket-and they have one of those too if needed. We have traveled through many countries and have stayed in a wide range of accommodations and we definitely give this a 5 star rating. It truly is an oasis in the middle of New Delhi. The Stubers from Tucson Arizona

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family