“Beautiful cave”
Review of DeSoto Caverns

DeSoto Caverns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Desoto Caverns Family Fun Park , one of Alabama's magnificent natural wonders, rests in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Desoto Caverns was the first officially recorded cave of record in 1796, with a main room 12 stories high and 100 yards long. Today Desoto Caverns Family Fun Park is a popular attraction with rides, exhibits and outdoor activities the whole family can enjoy.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This cave had unique formations but turned out to be just one floor of a BIG room. The tour was lead around the perimeter. It was boring compared to other bigger, multi level caves we toured. The other activities on site were way over priced, as well as items in the gift shop.

All reviews
"gemstones"
in 7 reviews
"devin"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Some friends and I went to the park for the Tomb of the risen dead event. We had a great time. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We plan to go back during the day to see the laser light show in the cave.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Cave tours was overpriced. Don’t get me wrong it was cool to see, and hear the history. But for a one hour tour, in one part only, and a laser show. Should not be over $50 dollars for two people. Plus $10 more if you want your picture.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

If you want to have fun and explore a cave, go somewhere else. You only see 1 room. Over priced. They try to indoctrinate you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I love going to DeSoto Caverns! It is a great deal and being near by in Birmingham, it doesn't require an overnight.
I have taken my family there on several occasions for the Cave Tour and the amusement park! We have also taken out of town guests there twice. I am always in awe of the inside of the cave. They change the light / music show sometimes to accommodate the season. So it has been cool to go back several times. Gift shop got a huge upgrades since last time. I have also enjoyed getting a scented candle that still (after a year) makes my family room smell fresh! I picked ups specialty items in the gift shop that were high quality... like the puppets. We sampled the coffee and gourmet cookies!
I have also taken 2 groups of UAB college groups to Tomb of the Risen Dead during October. It was a blast for that age group! We did the maze and the Cave tour both as a Group. I wouldn't recommend the maze for the very young. But they have some other stuff for the kids. Afterwards we jumped into the entertainment and ended with karaoke! Lots of creative costumes and characters walking around. We sampled the outdoor band as well during Tomb of the Risen Dead.
I plan on going again this year some time in October.

Been to DeSoto Caverns? Share your experiences!