All reviews fresh fruit bocas del toro cereal upstairs balcony safes fridge
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I left medication in my room by accident and they sent it by air cargo to my next destination. When I asked what I owed they said it was a pleasure to serve me! The hotel had nice large rooms and a great location. Clean but small bathrooms. It's on the Main Street but at one end and so is not as busy and noisy as the central part of the street. There is an incredible view from the balcony. The free breakfast is no frills but perfectly adequate. I recommend this hotel highly for someone who is looking for a middle ground between luxuary and lowest cost-does-not -matter -quality option.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

This is the only Panamanian owned hotel in Bocas! The hotel was nice and the room was comfortable. The price though was expensive for what was offered. While breakfast was included there was no fridge in the room and no mini soap and shampoos were offered. The staff also was not overly friendly. Not worth the price for an average visit.

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank Charlotte G
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Staying here for 3 nights on my way through to Panama City. It feels more like a home than a hotel. Very clean, proper hot showers and a super comfy bed! It is really nice to chill on the upstairs porch and also enjoy breakfast with a cool ocean breeze! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Gran Bahia is a very nice place. It's quiet, beds are huge and very comfortable. It's extremely clean and we'll run and the breakfast is adequate too. Location is perfect and the view is lovely. The rooms are big too!

1  Thank lucyco2016
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I have stayed at this hotel before (but over 10 years ago). I stayed here with my bf and some friends for what is called "Dias Patrios" here in Panama. We were picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel (though it is not that far, and one can walk without a problem).

The staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful. The hotel is wooden so it has an old time feel which I liked, though you can hear everyone walking. Everything worked in our room and it was very spacious.

The hotel includes breakfast which is basically toast, cheese, hams, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cereals, and fruits. It was good for us.

The hotel is in the middle of the town, so everything is close by. If you want to do a tour, all the little docks are in front of the hotel. Quick and easy.

Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room tip: I would choose rooms away from the street and on the second floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends