“Perfect!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Cannot believe this place ranks so low overall on TripAdvisor! This was the best steak we have had in YEARS, and Carlos was an absolute gentleman. Trying to get a half-decent steak anywhere in Central America is truly a challenge. Many places claim to be selling Argentine or USDA beef, but ours, locally produced but prepared by Carlos himself, was perfection! Thank you, sir, for a wonderful evening!

Incidentally, this is not a seeded review by an internet hotshop as too many TA reviews are, but the real thing. We live in Canada and Costa Rica, and know whereof we speak!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Carlos is an adorable man from Uruguay(i think) very friendly. The Wine and the STEAK was amazing...It is kind of romantic with candles and sometimes people play their music around. I definitely recommend to stop by. Thanks Carlos for an amazing dinner!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you want to eat good southamerican style meat, Carlos Steak House is your place! The owner is very helpful and is always there for you.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Carlos is a wonderful hosts and serves delicious steaks, fish and wine. Try the ceviche, too! It's a very mellow and charming ambience.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We arrived and Carlos (I assume) seated us at once. We decided on 3 filet mignon meals, 2 for my husband and I and 1 order for my kids to split. They don't each much and I don't like giving them "kid food."

Our orders were taken promptly and our food arrived in a timely manner also. When they brought the plates, though, they brought a full meal for each of. "Wow," we thought, "that was sure nice of them to bring full portions for the kids, even though we asked them just to split one."

The service throughout our meal was great and the food was amazing!

I really want to give Carlos 5 stars, but when the bill came, Carlos charged us for 3 meals, but rounded up. We thought that was super tacky. We ordered $45 worth of food and he charged us $50. It's not the $5 that bothers me, it's that he didn't clear it with us first. He gave us more than what we ordered... and then charged us for it. He personally wrote the ticket, so it wasn't a mistake.

Great food, great atmosphere, Carlos is nice, but watch your bill!