All reviewstop floorchalet stylefresh fruitrice paddiesa la cartehotel is locatedsri lankabalconygreenerytowelslawnbathroombugsdriverruins
Reviewed 12 November 2017

My husband and I booked for ourselves and 2 other couples, for a one night stay on our tour through Sri Lanka. We wish we could have stayed longer.
The grounds of this hotel are beautiful, like a 5 star resort and the pool is clean and upmarket, surrounded by paddy fields and palm trees, a tropical paradise.

Upon arrival, we had a (sweet!) welcome drink and were checked in by very attentive staff in saris. They were so polite and made us feel very welcome.

The rooms themselves were stunning! Chalet style suites with balconies overlooking the adjoining paddy fields. The bathroom was very spacious and the shower and toilet facilities were very modern and chic. Towels very clean and toiletries provided (including dental kits! - nice touch!)

Bed were clean and comfortable. (If you are a light sleeper, bring an eye mask, it gets light quickly)

Just don't leave the balcony door open in the evening or you will have some harmless bugs in there with you! (it is the jungle after all!)

The room came with fridge/mini bar and tea and coffee facilities (which is always pleasant, as sometimes you just want a cuppa on the balcony)

The breakfast was delicious, and again wonderful service, The same for the dinner menu, we all had fantastic food in the covered restaurant area.

The rooms provide umbrellas, just in case, which is very thoughtful. They also did my laundry for me and returned it within the same day.

I would most definitely return to Thidas Arana and I will definitely recommend to friends and family travelling in Sri Lanka.

Room Tip: Upper floors were great
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This place I will be returning to again! Its was my first time here also and will not be my last! A nice mix of old and new and the staff friendly and help and all your dinning cutlery spotless!
The food was great and well presented with tea coming in a tea pot and lots of it! On my next trip I will try and stay here as this part of the place has just been build.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

The staff geve us the best possible service of our trip, we were very exhausted because we had to start at 2am we reached the hotel around 7.30 they quickly did our chick in and mede sure we rest.
We wanted a late dinner and without any hesitations they arranged it, the tank fish curry was fantastic and the breakfast was superb.
The hotel is located on the main polonnaruwa road and is very close to all the historical places.
This is one beautiful property and very well maintained very big rooms with hugh bathrooms the view is also fantastic very relaxing.
I will definitely be back, best of luck

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

After visiting the historical site this can be an experience to go for a typical lunch . They serve very good meals with different curries and note that the curries are not too spicy. Food is served in clay pots in most of the time to keep the real fast. The deserts were great as most of them were typical ones. The fruit juices are made from fresh fruit from the same area and it's more seasonal

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This hotel is located on the highway side so it is very convenient and the hotel has a large yard and a pool. It has only 8 rooms all facing rise pad so you can see a lot birds and small animals, monitor and mongoose. The room is new and large, but the management seems have no idea how to operate a hotel, so they forget towels, blanked, water,,,,,

Room Tip: Good room on highway with a nice yard, but don't expect services
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple