All reviews royal suite boutique hotel infinity pool ticket office guest services manager star luxury bread basket curry sri lanka unforgettable experience rest house fantastic stay the general manager rooms are large parakrama samudraya other hotels ancient city
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

after our ten day journey, this was our last hotel we stayed in Sri Lanka. It was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed. The Royal suite was truly amazing. A room where Queen Elizabeth stayed in 1954! Some of the furniture are original.

Kanchana and Udesh are probably the best and fun hosts you will ever meet. They both run the hotel as if it is their house and you are their guest. They never say no to anything you ask. Including the breakfast timing, we could have probably had breakfast at 6pm if we really wanted to.

Two very humble and always smiling hosts that truly love what they do.

Breakfast was a four course meal that blew our minds. Just the bread basket was an assortment of breads and pastries that were baked that morning by the chef in the hotel kitchen!

Amazing views of the lake with small infinity pool.
About 100m away from the polonnaruwa museum and ticket office.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We spent a night at the Ekho Lake Hotel in Polonnaruwa having first been accidentally booked in to the Lake View Hotel. The Ekho hotel was great with wonderful views over the Parakrama Samudraya (The Sea of Parakrama), the rooms were very exotically colonial and the food freshly made and brilliant.The menu was both Sri Lankan and International. The service was good and the staff very friendly. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who wants a comfortable time exploring the ancient city of Sri Lanka.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Thank you so much for this extraordinary stay! We loved everything, the kitchen, the room, the garden with the pool, the view and especially the friendlyness of the management! We felt so good and appreciated your enthousiasm and happyness!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SibylleG63
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I have no words to describe such incredible 3 nights in this hotel. I have been to many 5stars in many countries but this place would easily top my best 10 from the quality of the place, location, the service and such good indulgent food ( i gained like 2 more pounds) and Mr. Kanchara and Udesh are easily the best guys that cater to you as family and friends not just guests.

I am looking towards to my next returns

1  Thank Miakieu
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Have you ever have a place that treat you like a royalty but so familiar at the same time? i still remember the first morning that I opened the room and the view of the lake and sun reflecting overwhelming me.

needless to say the people of the hotel are superb, friendly and professional. Mr. Kanchana was utterly rushed to your needs and be your best pal ever.

room is amazing and cozy and comfy, food is good ( cant say more) and the view you can't find anywhere else I am looking my next return here

2  Thank Viet T