All reviews royal suite boutique hotel ticket office infinity pool curry guest services manager bread basket rest house sri lanka parakrama samudraya other hotels delicious food ancient city rice kanchan luxury museum
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Great stay for one night in a delightful hotel.
Nice bedroom overlooking the lake ..and the elephants !
Very nice staff ! thanks Sampath,Udesh and the pianist for cheering us !
The location is just charming.
Nathalie and Thierry

Room Tip: definitly the delux room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathalie B
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Simple wow is not all enough to explore the excitement that I have experimented during my 2 nights stay at THE EKHO Lake House, Polonnaruwa. I wanna say "WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW". Above all uncommon structure, facilities, food, service, quality, standards, furniture & fittings, location....... The only hotel I have seen with a unique concept titled World Class, where THE staff of this hotel are world class. Arrival to departure you dont feel the typical drama of a hotel staff. Where the uniqueness is very much visible & I felt that I m experimenting the excitements with lot of color, words, actions, thinking & behavior. All in all you dont need to stay in the hotel to feel the above. Just visit the hotel when you happen to visit Polonnaruwa. The Gardner to General Manager of this hotel are truly World Class and visit once and make your stay truly world class & memorable forever. I really dont know how to comment about the food. From basic rice & curry to exclusive luxury dishes.........from basic cookies to world class dessert....... I do not know from where they have found the Chef. I personally thanked him for his world class food. All in all the simple check out was felt as the god bye ceremony. All in all I will make sure that I will visit the hotel every month to make use of my holiday the most memorable & world class.

Ohhh. Pls remember to meet the WCGSM & the General Manager when you arrive there. (WCGSM - World Class Guest Services Manager)

Room Tip: As far as I know all the rooms are truly world class as they have the best SUNSET view in the world - as per comments by many guests.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank infoishri
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Rip off of the highest order. If you are Sri Lanka and if santa isn't filling your wallet avoid this place like the plague. We drove from Water gardens to Polonnaruwa to show our two kids Polonnaruwa ruins etc. Planned to have lunch at the "Rest House" as we fondly remembered it. Upon arrival, to our horror we were told that they only cater to prior orders and that we could have lunch if we paid and ordered before going site seeing in Polonnaruwa. We agreed and asked for the menu which was NUTS. Rice and curry was 2,000 per head. We were staying at a five star hotel and there, meals were priced at 700-1000 per head. This place is still a glorified road side rest House and charging fine dining rates for this sort of food is daylight robbery. Naturally we left, completed our site seeing and went back to water garden where we had a hearty lunch. I am disgusted to say the least. Shame on you, management at Ceylon Hotels Corporation!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hamzus
sarath w, General Manager at Ekho Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
Going through your review what I could gather is you have completely misunderstood the
the concept of Ekho Lake House to the former Rest House. To make matters clear the former Rest House was refurbished 05 months ago and was converted as a top end luxury boutique property.As mentioned it has a fine dinning restaurant , though the reviewer has branded the property as a glorified road side rest house , it is situated in one of the best locations in Sr Lanka . Queen Elizabeth ii stayed in this property in 1954
during her short visit to Sri Lanka.
Sorry to mention the reviewer do not understand the concept between a 05 star hotel and a boutique property.Looking at the menu & price alone will not take you any where , if you do not experience it and to come to a conclusion.
The Team at Ekho Lake House is very proud about the comments received from the clients who have been served so far.
The reviewer has failed to understand the concept of the hotel prior to making the decision to have lunch . Had the reviewer visited the website and understood the concept, the reviewer would have opted to choose another hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Wow, this was one of the most incredible experiences of our lives and we couldn't recommend this hotel more. We arrived to cold towels and welcome drinks and left with warm hugs and sad hearts to have to leave. Not only is it just a stunning place, with incredible views of the lake and elephants, and no more than 500m from the ancient town, but the staff are some of the most friendly and open people we have ever met.

They went above and beyond on every front making our stay unforgettable experience. Kanchana, Udesh, Sampath and the team helped organise us tours of the local fishing villages, tuktuks when we needed, a cricket match on the beach, and the chef produces some incredible dishes (the whole lake fish is something not to be missed).

Thank you Ekho lake house, we couldn't recommend you more!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
sarath w, General Manager at Ekho Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Mr David,

Greetings from Ekho Lake House!

I appreciate your gracious compliments of our team at Ekho Lake House. Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to give us your feedback.

I am delighted to know that you and your wife enjoyed your stay thoroughly and found the food and services to be excellent.

It is our constant focus to make the guests feel at home and we are glad that you felt like one during your stay.

I have made it a point of sharing your kind sentiments with the team and they are thrilled to know about your fabulous stay and it was a memorable one being on your honeymoon .

We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to the Ekho Lake House & the city of Polonnaruwa where the ancient kings lived.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights and loved it. Clean, attentive service, good food accompanied by piano music. The hotel is right on the lake shore, at its back some of the ancient ruins can be visited with ease.
Convenient for visiting the ancient city of Polonnaruwa.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Luca L
sarath w, General Manager at Ekho Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Mr.Luca,

Thank you for taking time out to share this delightful review. We are glad you have wonderful memories from your experience with us. Delivering excellent service is our utmost priority and we are thankful that you have experienced it.

We are delighted to read your compliments on our entire team and I have taken the liberty of sharing your lovely feedback with the entire team and they are equally excited to know about your l experience at the EKHO Lake House.

We hope to see you once again.

Sincerely