USD 139
USD 108
USD 268
USD 107
  • Pool
Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
USD 64
USD 55
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 72/night.

USD 63
USD 51
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I have been there repeatedly because of its nice view and friendly owner. you can have a very nice veiew from the room. its much beautifull in the rainy season since you can see MAHAWALI RIVER. Staff is also friendly. I will not hesitate to recomand this place to all of my friends.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Fantastic service. We only used the bar but that was enough to measure the quality of the service. Breathtaking view from the balcony. Staff is friendly and respected our privacy really well. Peaceful away from the hassle of the city. The road is a bit difficult but still can manage with a good vehicle.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2017

The views from our room were the best I have ever had [565 reviews on a Facebook group]

I would recommend you go - but there are negatives. I am very nervous of heights and found going up to the hotel rather hard as it is a one road up and down and i could see over the edge with no barriers [harder when people coming the other way] .The rooms are basic.

There is little to do other than look at the view as I didn't want to venture down in the dark.

The menu was very sticky and they only offered a set meal yet appeared to have two chefs there? They suggested no wine available as they had had their new year a few days previous [I couldn't understand why no one had ventured to a local store to replenish]. The food cost 1500 rupees and consisted on a small bowl of soup [no bread], pasta and ice cream - or fish. My fish was all bones so I didn't bother I just ate the few chips and left hungry.

Breakfast was a small omelette and fruit - we wonder if it was because 'we was white' [obviously a joke] that the Indian family received a hearty breakfast of rice, curry and dhal which we would have loved!

The views are worth a visit definitely but this hotel needs someone who is really motivated and interest in the customers and offers drinks and a menu for the evening.

Room Tip: rooms have amazing view - order in a pizza
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We was booked into this hotel as part of a tour. When we arrived and was shown to room we could have cried we just wanted to get out of there. The hotel staff are in denial about the state of this place it should be condemed. The room was filfy with deep engrained dirt you stuck to the floor the toilet window sill had dust and dead insects on from weeks previous the fridge seals was mouldy and the door rusting and falling apart. The shower screen hadnt been touched for ages. No pillow or matress protectors so you can imagine the state of the pillows. We went straight to our tour guide and we asked to be moved which he obliged with no question. I dont expect a lot from a budget hotel but I do expect it to be clean. Please dont give this hotel your booking you have been warned.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We stayed for one night, after quickly being shown the room we commented to the staff about the maintenance and cleaning issues.
We decided to stay as we had been travelling all day and it was late, we attempted to use the shower only to find the generate ranged from boiling hot to scalding.
The room was filthy with all fixtures and fittings falling apart, dinner and breakfast was included in the price, after seeing the state of the public areas we decided to avoid eating there, much to the surprise of the front desk.
Our guides ate there that evening then got a glimpse of the kitchen and they too decided to skip breakfast.
Also rooms are not numbered so late evening we had people trying to get into our room.
Such a shame as the views are stunning.
When asked why it was in such a state we got told there staff consisted of young boys and they didn't know how to clean.

Room Tip: Don't bother, there all bad
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple