“Tour of Sri Lanka with Upali”

Visit Our Lanka Tours.
Ranked #5 of 76 Outdoor Activities in Kandy
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Upali Herath, Freelance Chauffeur Guide with over 10 years experience in tourism and hospitality in Sri Lanka I'm conversant with the use of the English language. I can organize tour - trip (city tours focusing on any city you wish to travel) , tours covering many historical, ancient , or tours around the whole of Sri Lanka.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We entrusted our honeymoon tour of Sri Lanka to Upali and had a great experience.

From the get go, he was very responsive and easily contactable via whatsapp or email. He was receptive to our itinerary and attractions that we wanted to visit. He helped piece together a route, helped with booking of hotels, train rides and safaris and made the planning process a breeze.

The car was comfortable and driving safe. Upali knows the route and local places well. He's easy going, acceding to our requests (eg. for supermarkets, local lunch stops). He's smiley and easy going and pretty chill.

If you're looking for a driver/tour guide to help in the arranging and execution of a visit of Sri Lanka, I do recommend Upali. The process was largely stress and fuss free thanks to him.

All reviews
"fantastic tour"
"tour company"
"his knowledge"

Reviewed 16 March 2018

When we decided to visit Sri Lanka the clear message on Trip Advisor was that (for us anyway) we should hire of one of the many driver/guides that offer their services. Based upon other peoples’ experience we drew up a short-list and sent each an email setting out our general requirement for a seven-day tour preceded and followed by a total of 13 days “crashing out” at a beach resort.

Several came back very quickly but we were most impressed with Upali who not only gave us a very detailed proposed itinerary but suggested several choices for the hotels at each of our overnight stops.

His price was not dissimilar to others but his general level of response to emails over a few months prior to our trip was impressive.

We were not to disappointed! He was waiting for us at the airport upon our arrival at some ungodly hour. When we reached the hotel at Bentota where we would remain for the first three nights my wife needed some medical treatment. Upali made it clear that he was quite happy to take us to a hospital in Colombo at any time of the day and night (a four or five hour round trip for him). Fortunately, it was not needed.

The tour of the island proceeded, and we were so impressed with the standard of hotels that he had suggested. He was always there each morning at the prearranged time (having spent the night at each hotel’s “chauffeur quarters” provided for the purpose. We are not your usual tourists and so had quite firm ideas about what we did and did not want to see each day. He was always happy to oblige. We stopped at road side stalls for King Coconuts (at £0.30 each for a about a litre of juice), for toilet stops, to find ATMs and generally to do exactly what we wanted to do rather than follow some preordained schedule.

Finally, and en route to the airport at the end of our stay, Upali drove us to visit some friends who lived right off the beaten track and very much “in the jungle”. They invited him to join us for a wonderful lunch at their house.

In summary, we loved Sri Lanka, but the tour was made perfect for us by choosing Upali as our driver.

John and Tina from Cyprus

Reviewed 19 February 2018

To start I will let you all know how I impressed with upali herath , when I was searching for the srilanka tour package in online I got upali email ID in internet and I emailed im along with few other tour guides in srilanka . The immediate response I got from srilanka is upali email and I now finished my trip but still waiting for others reply . he responded all my emails immediate and made my trip plan in PDF format and it was easy to understand what we going to do on the trip .
This was my 1st international trip and me and my wife went for the holiday trip to srilanka for four days from India . upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Upali , our names were mentioned on the board and we felt welcomed and with such a friendly atmosphere we had a fantastic start from Colombo airport to anurathapura with his Toyota car ( which is maintained very clean and neat ) it was a four hour journey . he was explaining us about the srilanka culture and tourism places
all our three night stays where arranged in fantastic star hotel . Since upali is from srilanka and it was helpful for us to communicate with local vendors and people in market . he arranged us wildlife safari and other rides with best price
I strongly recommend Mr Upali's tours in Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I had a great time on this small transit tour... Mr Upali is a Great man... liked his simplicity ...caring.... I would highly recommend him for travelers...hope we will meet soon ..

Thnaks