1,953 results
All reviews red lobster beach boys sri lanka tuk tuk lagoon view superior room our honeymoon half board day trip indian ocean room boy every evening seafood relaxing hotel half the price curry pool attendant
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Myself , My husband, Sister and brother in law stayed here at the end September begining of October, for my 50th Birthday.
On the day we arrive it started to rain, we also arrived on a new moon which ment no alcohol. BOOO
I continued to rain consitanlty for the next 3 days, Cant be helped but it did dampen our spirits a bit.
Youn can chose from many different cocktails at the bar , But no wine form the bar.
the bar snack food menu was really nice.
The Mangrove restaurant was buffet, different themed nights but much the same for me.
The ala carte restaurant you had to pay for,
We did have a lovely seafood dinner for my birthday which they served by the lagoon, that was extremely nice @ £25 per head.
We did take part in some of the water activity's, again you will have to pay for these, but they are good, One of the best trips we did with others that we meet there and we went on a boat up the river to see the wild life, bats, Monkeys Amazing birds and if your luck a croc.
Sun beds where always ready for you in the morning if you let the pool attendant know where you would like to sit.
The manger Donald was very attentive as were most of the staff once you get to know them.
The beach boys can be annoying, trying to sell you trips, cost wise they are the same as your rep. But I think the reps may have better cover should anything go wrong.We tried to buy some bits from the lady beach seller who promised she could get us some items but needed the money up front, Needless to say we didn't see her again. The hotel and the other beach sellers did help us to try and get the money back, The hotel informed us that they had retrieved the money but it has never arrived back in our bank account.
The hotel its self is very clean and tidy and I enjoyed its laid back atmosphere and quiet location.
The Decking around the pool area needed replacing whilst we were there and my husband obtained a very nasty splinter, The Pool boys did give him some first aide but one back home my husband had to have the remains cut out at A&E, 11 hard wood splinters where removed, But he still had another piece logged deep in his foot which became infected and eventually managed to work its way out around 6 weeks later.
Other than a few grips I loved this hotel and the staff and visitors helped make my stay very memorable.
We took one trip which started with the elephants orphanage, Tea plantation, Silk sop, herb garden and temple, A really full day at around 75 per person worth every penny.
There is a temple near the hotel so you may her the call to pray or the large freight train on the other side of the lagoon, We heard it but it didn't bother us at all.

Room Tip: You can not swim in the sea, Sea view also means pool view, we had a logoon view
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank BritsonTour2011
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Great hotel on a beautiful location. Location to rest after a roundtrip of Sri Lanka.
Excellent restaurant. For us this was a hotel upgrade which we can recommend to everyone.
A small disadvantage was the Wifi which was only on limited spots available and it is not possible to swim in the sea.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 March 2016

My wife and I stayed here after doing a 9 day tour of the Island, the hotel is set in very nice surroundings. Checking in was very easy and we decided to upgrade to all inclusive. We were informed that there would be a limited al-a-carte menu with the all inclusive, however, when we went to the restaurant this was not to be so we had to settle for the buffet. There is a good selection of food on display and it is well presented but after 3/4 days there didn't seem to be much variation. On getting to your table for dinner there was often cutlery missing and getting the drinks served was a little slow at times.
Breakfast service was also a little slow, particularly if you were wanting eggs, there just seemed too few staff on duty. Having said that there was nothing wrong with the food.
The hotel is kept very clean throughout and most of the staff are friendly. I say 'most' as when my wife went to the bar to get some drinks, a member of staff took the menu from her and gave it to a male customer. He then went on to serve other male customers totally ignoring my wife even though he was being told she was before them. Of course this upset my wife and her needs were my concerns hence I didn't get the staff members name. But this was only one staff member the rest were very good.
We had a sea view room which was spacious and clean with a good balcony to sit out on.
The pool is of a good size and the pool attendant is always there ready with a towel for your sun lounger.
All in all a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Request second floor beach/sea view room
The beach sellers can be too persistent but keep saying No and they will generally leave you alone
Request more bottles of water for the room if needed, they give you 2 per day but they are only small

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

We went to hotel Avani on February 28th for dinner as that day was our anniversary... It was a very nice place with a friendly staff... Food is also good... It's a very nice charming place... Definitely I will visit for a stay....

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family