We rented property in Ambalangoda but could find no decent restaurants so ended up each day hiring a tuk-tuk to take us along the main road to the Chayaa Tranz Hotel - about a 30 minute white knuckle ride but well worth it (even in dark)!
The setting is magnificent being on the beach. If you are non-resident then you have this somewhat strange routine of having to go to reception to pay for the buffet and collect an appropriate coupon - but well worth it! The range of food on offer is terrific and the quality is excellent. At about £10 per person this represents very good value for money. A bonus is that having paid for the buffet you get free WiFi access.
If you have time visit Super Jewels shop just a few minutes away. They have the most amazing jewellery items at very competitive prices. The quality of the items is excellent and the staff are incredibly helpful. We chose a pendant but this required a small modification to accommodate the snake chain we had - they made the required changes to our satisfaction at no additional charge - a true gem!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 112 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites, 4 corner suites, 4 deluxe rooms, 140 superior rooms. Air conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32" LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries. Hotel facilities and services: a selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, specialty crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits, a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (300 to 500 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a freshwater swimming pool, PADI certified dive center and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa