Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon
USD 78*
USD 62*
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Drifters Hotel and Beach Restaurant(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
USD 31*
Main Reef Hotel and Restaurant(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
USD 35*
Priceline
Suite Lanka(Hikkaduwa)
USD 174*
1,932 results
All reviewschaaya tranzcrab restaurantpool barsri lankacorner suitemain restaurantaction stationssea turtlespublic beachseafoodlarge turtlesspecial thanksdinner buffetpool sideprawnsprivate balconyrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed in Chaaya Tranz in october 2012 in the room 402. Spectacular view. Nice personnel, the hotel has all that you could have asked for. The food is nice (though for some people it may seem to spicy), a lot of seafood. I was blown away by the design of the hotel, a few nice touches and in some places the hotel looked a bit like an art gallery. Frankly, I should say that this hotel is much better than most of the 5 star hotels I've stayed in Turkey and Egypt.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Serhii_Nebrat
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Incident 1:
I purchased this offer voucher from www.Anything.lk and although in the terms and conditions it is mentioned as Half Board – Lunch and Breakfast, upon my request the Reservation Manager in Colombo provided me the reservation confirmation by updating the meals as Dinner and Breakfast. However at the hotel after I finished my dinner, the restaurant issued me a bill for the meal and they had confusion with the terms and conditions in Anything.lk voucher. As I was unable to convince them, I had to go to the Front Desk Manager and speak to Mr. Kingsly Gomes to clarify this.
But Mr. Gomes was not polite and rude when talking to me and mentioned he doesn’t trust the Reservation Confirmation that I have given them when checking-in and I should pay for the dinner as per the Anything.lk conditions. Then I had to explain that the meal plan was changed after talking to The Reservation Manager and that I should not pay for this. But he did not still trust the reservation confirmation and said would approach The Reservation Manager in Colombo to get it further clarified later.
This was very unpleasant and uncomfortable situation for me and my family as I had to put a lot of effort to convince the front desk manager. Furthermore my meal plan was clearly mentioned in the welcome letter which was issued upon my arrival at the hotel. Due to this incident my family and I were very upset and it almost ruined our holiday. I believe the hotel management shouldn’t have questioned me like this when they had all the information or should have contacted The Reservation Manager to get this clarified further at least on the next day.

Incident 2:
On the next day I returned to the room after having the breakfast around 10.30 AM and found that the snack items to be purchased were missing from the room and the refrigerator was locked. I was kind of shocked as it appeared someone sneaked into the room since no housekeeping or nobody informed they were going to enter into the room and might have stolen our belongings.
When I asked from the front desk, they kept saying somebody from housekeeping will come in 5 minutes but I had to wait about 30 minutes in the room until somebody comes by delaying my check out. However later somebody from housekeeping came and told that they removed all the snack items and locked the refrigerator as instructed by the Management. I was very surprised why they did that before I check out and could have stayed until 12 PM or should have informed me.

There were few other incidents happened and this kind of unprofessional behavior was not expected from a star class hotel which belongs to John Keels. I have also given my feedback on the feedback form when I left the hotel but I’m very confident any action against these kinds of incidents will not be taken.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Raji_SL
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Spend just 24hrs in this hotel. All i got to say is that this place rocks.
the view from room 301 is the best. its a corner room with two sides with glass, one side view is beautiful beach n the other side is swimming pool n beach.
the pool is also temp. contrl.....
Must stay in Hikkaduwa...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank pavanbafna
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Once you enter Tranz, you are transported to a completely different world. Its a very good property with a private beach and extremely efficient staff. Unfortately we stayed there only for a night. The rooms are very spacious and well maintained. There is room service twice every day. During the day they make your room nice and bright and during evening they put the blinds and make the beds ready for sleep.
The breakfast buffet is extensive wuth a good mix of western and srilankan cusine. They have a nice pool and some good bars.
Great value for couples.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rahul G
PramukshiKariyawasam, Public Relations at Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for your review on Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We visited Chaaya Tranz in Jul 2012 with my family (5 people+Toddler), I only spent the week end but we had a lovely time. Baby played and walked in the beach. Had a swim in the pool watching the sunset..I enjoyed the morning walk on the beach while listening to the sea waves..Feeling the sea breeze..It was so relaxing. All the sea+beach lovers there is a old corel reef where you can walk on it and if you are lucky you will see small crabs and small sea born fish too!! The week end buffet offered by the hotel was excellent with a veriety of food from BBQ to traditional to salads to arabic to awasome desserts!! With many live chefs providing your customised dishes..it was great. the rooms were very clean and they were extra careful about my baby's needs too...Thank for giving a great week end~

Room Tip: Request a room facing the sea side~
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family