“Professional and friendly team”

Andean Peaks - Day Tours
Ranked #15 of 61 Outdoor Activities in Huaraz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: “ANDEAN PEAKS S.A.C.” Trekking & Climbing. Andean peaks founded in 2010 by two brothers mountain guides certified by the international union of mountain guides (UIAGM/IFMGA/AGMP). We are a company focused on the growth and development of tourism, We offer good quality services, with great responsibility and kindness to our clients. We also count on very capable professionals in the field of adventure activities. Andean Peaks has been accredited by the Tourism Ministry in Peru, and has been licensed by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism under Andean Peaks. As such it has to comply with all the policies and laws that have been enforced for travel agencies. Our company has been registered with the number 20602068324.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We escalated Mateo peak with the guys. Octavio and Eloy were there helpful with us, not only with this expedition, but with our entire stay in Huaraz. They gave us a lot of tips on things to do and supported our trips.
Muchas gracias por su acompañamiento y amistad. Un abrazo de Argentina y Alemania :)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

5 or 6 years ago I was already very lucky and met Octavio Salazar climbing Huascaran. I was with another guide but we shared part of the way up and the camps and was very impress with his skills as a professional guide and how nice he was taking care of his clients. This summer I had the privilege to go back to Cordillera Blanca and fulfill one of my dreams, climbing Ishinka, Tocallaraju and Alpamayo, and all was possible thanks to Octavio and his wonderful team. I had been dealing with an injury and was not sure if I was going to be able to climb and Octavio was always there to help but also brought the motivation and self-confident to keep climbing up until we reach the summit. I enjoyed every moment, logistics were wonderful and it was a lot of fun to share moments in the base and high altitude camps. I strongly recommend him and his team and I would very happy to provide any additional information to anyone planning to go to Peru.

1  Thank dolorsheras
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Having been on Pisco with Octavio in 2016 it was an easy choice to select the company for this year's trek. ;-) And indeed
Octavio and his brother Eloy organized everything perfectly, it was an amazing time - the 9 days Huayhuash as well as the 3 days in the Ishinca valley with the two climbs. Both brothers are excellent certified mountain guides and speak very well English. Apart of the professionalism they are very nice, it felt rather like spending time with friends than being guided. Robert, our cook made us gain weight despite all the trekking - food was just too good ;-). And Leonides our donkey driver was great, always ready for a joke. Thanks Octavio to you and the team for the fantastic 2 weeks! Keep your enthusiasm for the nature, the photography and your smile!!!

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We booked our tour through Quecha tour company in Arequipa. Upon arriving at their office, we were greeted by Octavia who asked us a few questions about our previous trekking experience. This was welcome as it made me think they wouldn't let every single person book on the tour if they didn't think the person would manage it. Octavia went through all the equipment and clothing that would be needed for the hike and what we would need to rent. We then got to pick and see exactly what we would be renting which was also good. I've read reviews previously about people complaining that the equipment/clothing are outdated but they did exactly what was required of them for the price we paid. Octavia explained clearly the plan for the 2 days to reach the summit and advised it wouldn't be easy. Day 1 was complete reaching base camp which was quite challenging in the heat and carrying your big backpack which has 5L of water (1.5L of water for your dinner to be cooked). Octavia allowed for plenty breaks and if anyone was struggling you could ask to stop for 5 minutes. We set off on day 2 at 1.30am and with it being very cold Octavia shortened the breaks to keep us moving as much as possible. One guy in our group was struggling with the altitude and tiring quickly and Octavia kept checking there was no signs of dizziness. We made it to the summit in a good time to get the incredible views at the top! Overall I couldn't recommend Octavia enough as a guide as he pushed us on the 2nd day when everyone was feeling extremely tired. He kept checking we were doing okay and made sure everyone made it as a team. Certainly an experience I won't forget!

1  Thank greykobe