“This Sandwhich though”

Wild Olive Trattoria & Guest House
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Huacachina
Description: Here at Wild Olive Trattoria & Guest House we take pride in serving our customers great food at a great price. We offer a clean and presentable restaurant that also has a patio area that overlooks the boardwalk and lagoon of Huacachina. If your staying in Huacachina or visiting the Ica area, we invite you to stop in and enjoy breakfast, lunch, or Dinner here with us at Wild Olive Trattoria & Guest House. You'll be glad that you did! You can make a reservation if you desire. This option is recommended for large groups or perhaps a special occasion.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Sandwhich Toscano is very good, i highly recommend. Its not too expensive, and for a resort area, it is really worth getting.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Had the lunch pasta special for 18 soles. Vegetarian pasta with choice of pasta and sauce and a drink. It was ok, good serving size but taste was average. The pizzas looked huge but the base looked frozen. This certainly wasn't anything special but I get the feeling nothing in Huacachina is gourmet if you're looking for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Given that there isn’t much else in the area this place goes above and beyond. The portion sizes were great, I got the build your own pasta, my the friends had the lasagna and a pizza. Our sever was attentive and really friendly. If you’re young to be in Hucachina for a few days definitely give this place a try!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered the pizza special- a personal pizza and a juice. We chose each of the two specials (1 Americana pizza and 1 hawaiana).
The juice came and it was very nice. That’s where the nice stopped.
The pizzas came out and looked absolutely nothing like the pictures from previous reviews. The cheese was hard and crusted on (like a frozen pizza) and there was no where near as much. Accompanied by god awful ham and too much salt. (which were the only ingredients on the pizza).
My partner got the hawaiana which had pineapple as well as the above ingredients. In places his pizza dough wasn’t cooked through and the only reason it wasn’t as bad as mine was that I could pick the pineapple off and eat it.

We eat a lot, and I’ve never left so much pizza behind. I ate 2.5 slices and my partner could not finish 2 slices. We were hungry but so disappointed we just stopped.

The only other good thing was that the staff only charged us for one pizza when they saw we hadn’t eaten much. The waiter asked why we hadn’t eaten it and I was honest and said it wasn’t very good and that we would rather not finish it. We never asked for a discount and were willing to pay but he simply came back with more change than I expected (which I didn’t realise until after). I’d mark them up a bit higher for this but the food was so bad I can’t justify anything above terrible.

Maybe they have changed owners/chefs but this was honestly the worst pizza we have had in 11 months of travel.

1  Thank Vincey91
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

... With an average taste. Don't expect more in a touristic place like this. Personnel was very friendly, place looks nice and clean.