USD 142
USD 107
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 123/night.

Casa del Sol Machupicchu(Aguas Calientes)
USD 236
USD 200
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 264/night.

USD 125
USD 130
USD 127
  • Restaurant
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu(Aguas Calientes)
USD 123
USD 120
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 143/night.

USD 231
  • Breakfast included
Casa Machu Picchu Hostel(Aguas Calientes)
USD 40
USD 35
  • Breakfast included
SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel(Aguas Calientes)
USD 599
USD 354
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 441/night.

USD 654
USD 548
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe rivertrain stationhot watermachu picchufamily roomwake up callbreakfast was deliciouspacked lunchserve breakfastsitting arealuggage storagebreakfast startscoca teathird floortour guidestayed two nightscomfortable room
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Spent a night here on our way to Machu Picchu. Rooms are okay, relatively comfortable and clean. Wifi in o=the room was pretty weak but at leas worked well in the lobby. Hotel staff are friendly and courteous.

This is not a fancy hotel by any means so don't expect too much.

My room had breakfast included in it but breakfast starts only around 6 or so. Knowing that everyone wants to line up for the buses around 4.00am, this is pretty much a no go. I really wish they would seep this in consideration and prepare a packed sandwich or something for travelers to take along.

The hotel does offer the facility to hold on to your luggage. Overall okay for a quick stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Machu Picchu. The room, on the 3rd floor, was spacious and comfortable, and there's a spot outside (shared) to sit and watch the birds in the tree adjacent. There's also a bigger sitting area on the second floor, and one on the ground floor.

We had no trouble with hot water in the shower. There was some noise transmission in the bathroom--while we didn't really hear the neighbors in the room, we could hear them clearly in the bathroom. But otherwise everything was quiet.

The very-early breakfast (pre-5 am bus to MP) is pretty basic--just rolls and jam (plus coffee/coca tea). Later, for those not running out for the bus, they offer eggs. It's not a huge portion but it's enough. The seating area isn't very big, so if the hotel is full there might be a traffic jam. Our only knock on the food service was that there were often no cups for the all-day coffee/coca tea pots. But if you want one you can ask.

The employees were all friendly and helpful--they even helped carry our bags to the train station on the way out. Their English is fairly limited but we got by. There's a locking little room for luggage storage after checkout so you can wander town unencumbered.

The Internet does go out fairly regularly, so if that happens when you're trying to check out the card machine won't work. Not just here; we experienced it several times throughout the trip.

1  Thank wyliefool
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Very disappointed. And this place got a Trip Advisor excellence award for 2016. How? While the staff was friendly, the property itself is shabby. Upholstery is dirty and stained, paint peeling, etc. There was such positive feedback online when we booked, but now I see that there are disappointing reviews--perhaps the owner or management changed since then? Not sure, but we actually left a day earlier than planned. I didn't even care about a refund--I just wanted to go to a hotel where you could get a hot shower--which Terrazas del Inca B&B couldn't seem to offer. OH...one other thing: if you book here (not advised), we were told at check-in if you take more than one shower a day there is an additional charge!!! WHAT??? I'm all for water conservation (and with the cold water, I was taking a short shower anyway), but if you go in hot season and are hiking around Machu Picchu all day, you might need an extra rinse. Just be prepared to pay for it.

Room Tip: My tip is to book a different hotel.
2  Thank X573OYstuartm
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Spent a night before our Machu Picchu visit. Got probably one of the best rooms of the place, it had no views but at least was calm. Saw others that had windows to common area, didn't seem much fun. Staff was friendly, breakfast (super basic) started early, so we could get a quick bite before visiting the ruins. We were recommended a guided tour (guide: Edgar) by the hotel that turned out to be a disaster. All-in, mixed experience, if you come here, make sure that you get better service for you money than we did...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arpadou
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Out of our 15 day stay in Peru, this was the only bad hotel experience we had. We booked months in advance and paid for 2 nights for a room at the Terrazas del Inca. Upon arrival, we were told our room would now be in the hotel next door, at the Wiracocha. There was no explanation on why we were changing hotels, only told they have the same owners. There was a huge language barrier. My Spanish is limited, but their English was more limited so I didn't pursue additional questions on why we were being moved.

The room was spacious but smelled like a combination of urine and oregano. There were a lot of dead bugs in the light fixtures above our bed. It was pretty disgusting. This was the loudest hotel we stayed in. The noise was unbelievable. It has an open staircase and the staff would be making a lot of noise early in the morning with tables and chairs, which echoed up the staircase. The doors and floors were really loud. We could hear every single person going up and down the hall and opening and closing their doors.

There were windows in the room above the doors that made it impossible to keep the bright hallway lights out of our eyes while trying to sleep. They should have had curtains to block out the lights. Between the constant noise and light, it was basically impossible to get any sleep, and I ran a sleep fan app from my phone to help drown out the noise.

We were told that for the "free complimentary breakfast" to go back to the Terraza. Our breakfast consisted of 1 egg each, 1 piece of bread and juice. It was very meager and gross. We asked for coffee and the young man brought a small pitcher of coffee that was as thick as mud to our table. There was about 6 ounces in it for my husband and I to share. I'm not sure if it was the breakfast from this place, but we ended up having diarrhea shortly afterwards with abdominal cramping. I'm not sure where else we could have gotten it from since we had bottled water and packaged granola bars later.

We had left our room for the day to go to Machu Picchu and came back to find that housekeeping never made up our room or refreshed our towels. We needed clean towels because we had reused ours a couple of times. I went to the desk and neither employee spoke English. I tried asking in Spanish but she called another employee from upstairs to come down and talk with us. The woman who came down didn't look happy to be interrupted. I explained to her that housekeeping never made up our room and requested two clean towels. We never received an apology for housekeeping not showing up. She just asked if I really needed two clean towels or just one. There were two of us standing there and I said yes, two towels. Didn't I say two towels?

The Wi-Fi was terrible. We weren't able to use it the first couple of hours after we checked in and then it was spotty for the rest of the times we were in the hotel.

This was a really terrible experience. I do not recommend this hotel.

1  Thank blue2ribbon