All reviews the river train station hot water machu picchu family room breakfast was delicious sitting area luggage storage serve breakfast breakfast starts coca tea tour guide comfortable room catch the bus hotel in aguas calientes soledad sound
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Very disappointed. And this place got a Trip Advisor excellence award for 2016. How? While the staff was friendly, the property itself is shabby. Upholstery is dirty and stained, paint peeling, etc. There was such positive feedback online when we booked, but now I see that there are disappointing reviews--perhaps the owner or management changed since then? Not sure, but we actually left a day earlier than planned. I didn't even care about a refund--I just wanted to go to a hotel where you could get a hot shower--which Terrazas del Inca B&B couldn't seem to offer. OH...one other thing: if you book here (not advised), we were told at check-in if you take more than one shower a day there is an additional charge!!! WHAT??? I'm all for water conservation (and with the cold water, I was taking a short shower anyway), but if you go in hot season and are hiking around Machu Picchu all day, you might need an extra rinse. Just be prepared to pay for it.

Room Tip: My tip is to book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank X573OYstuartm
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Spent a night before our Machu Picchu visit. Got probably one of the best rooms of the place, it had no views but at least was calm. Saw others that had windows to common area, didn't seem much fun. Staff was friendly, breakfast (super basic) started early, so we could get a quick bite before visiting the ruins. We were recommended a guided tour (guide: Edgar) by the hotel that turned out to be a disaster. All-in, mixed experience, if you come here, make sure that you get better service for you money than we did...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arpadou
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Out of our 15 day stay in Peru, this was the only bad hotel experience we had. We booked months in advance and paid for 2 nights for a room at the Terrazas del Inca. Upon arrival, we were told our room would now be in the hotel next door, at the Wiracocha. There was no explanation on why we were changing hotels, only told they have the same owners. There was a huge language barrier. My Spanish is limited, but their English was more limited so I didn't pursue additional questions on why we were being moved.

The room was spacious but smelled like a combination of urine and oregano. There were a lot of dead bugs in the light fixtures above our bed. It was pretty disgusting. This was the loudest hotel we stayed in. The noise was unbelievable. It has an open staircase and the staff would be making a lot of noise early in the morning with tables and chairs, which echoed up the staircase. The doors and floors were really loud. We could hear every single person going up and down the hall and opening and closing their doors.

There were windows in the room above the doors that made it impossible to keep the bright hallway lights out of our eyes while trying to sleep. They should have had curtains to block out the lights. Between the constant noise and light, it was basically impossible to get any sleep, and I ran a sleep fan app from my phone to help drown out the noise.

We were told that for the "free complimentary breakfast" to go back to the Terraza. Our breakfast consisted of 1 egg each, 1 piece of bread and juice. It was very meager and gross. We asked for coffee and the young man brought a small pitcher of coffee that was as thick as mud to our table. There was about 6 ounces in it for my husband and I to share. I'm not sure if it was the breakfast from this place, but we ended up having diarrhea shortly afterwards with abdominal cramping. I'm not sure where else we could have gotten it from since we had bottled water and packaged granola bars later.

We had left our room for the day to go to Machu Picchu and came back to find that housekeeping never made up our room or refreshed our towels. We needed clean towels because we had reused ours a couple of times. I went to the desk and neither employee spoke English. I tried asking in Spanish but she called another employee from upstairs to come down and talk with us. The woman who came down didn't look happy to be interrupted. I explained to her that housekeeping never made up our room and requested two clean towels. We never received an apology for housekeeping not showing up. She just asked if I really needed two clean towels or just one. There were two of us standing there and I said yes, two towels. Didn't I say two towels?

The Wi-Fi was terrible. We weren't able to use it the first couple of hours after we checked in and then it was spotty for the rest of the times we were in the hotel.

This was a really terrible experience. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blue2ribbon
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I booked in February after reading overall positive reviews. I see now that there have recently been more negative ones.

I’ll start with the positives:
1) comfortable bed
2) luggage storage and use of the common area when returning from Machu Picchu

That’s where it ends...
1) The receptionist lied about the credit card machine not working and said we needed to walk right to the bottom of town to draw dollars from the atm. When I protested and said we could try later, suddenly the machine made a miraculous recovery. I can only imagine this was an attempt for them to avoid paying card fees.
2)We battled to sleep (two rooms in different areas of the hotel) Terrible noise from the street and foyer until about 2am. We needed to get up at 4am for Machu Picchu
3)Cold shower
4)The worst breakfast experience in Peru; disorganized staff, no plates, no cutlery. Stale bread and butter.
Not enough seating for everyone at 04:30

There is construction, but this did not trouble us.

My impression was that because people are only staying for one night, there is no attention to small details.

Maybe we were just unlucky...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located far from the train rails so you won't get disturbed with the noise. We arrived there super early because we had to catch the bus to Machu Picchu. The attendant was very friendly and even though the check in time was after 3 pm she left us enter the room to leave our backpacks. That was great help because the walking on tje mountain was exhaustive but without load it was easier. The next morning they served breakfast. Pretty basic but fresh and good. They really take care of you and I'm glad that they don't waste much left overs by serving you a normal portion. Honestly, you don't need more than that on this stop!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple