“5 for Food, 3 for Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Al Diwan Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 251 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I often wish we could split our reviews between the food and the service. I often feel it's wrong to punish the one because of the other.
Firstly, the food was really good. We were 3 people having dinner and ordered about 10 different small plates to share. These included Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Fatoush Salad, Lamb Kabob and Kibbeh to name a few. They all tasted really fresh, flavorful and were beautifully presented in a variety of decorative dishes. The accompanying flat breads were warm, freshly made and just delicious.
We started off with drinks in the outside area which was nice and cool after the rain and then went inside. I loved the decor and the atmosphere. As another reviewer wrote, you are almost transported to the Middle East, if you can ignore the Western Pop music playing ?
As for the service, the manager was really attentive and friendly but he can't be everywhere all the time. Drinks were forgotten, and we had to wave at the servers when we wanted refills of to order something else. As there were only 3 other tables besides us, I feel that they need to be a bit more aware. ( I also hate having to wave my arms like a mad person in a restaurant)
Definitely not a cheap evening out at 69 000Nira for 3 people (about $200 at today's exchange) but that's food and drink included.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

This is in the heart of Victoria Island area, and has probably the best special hummus I have tasted. The ambience is the best in Nigeria and even my Lebanese colleague commended the authenticity of the cuisine. If you are in Lagos, and in the mood for Lebanese food, then Al Diwan is the place!

Reviewed 2 June 2016

I've been to Al Diwan twice now and I'm sure I"ll be back. The staff is extremely welcoming and nice, you can book for big parties (we were 15 last time I went) and they'll do a special menu/price for you. They have a good list of wine and drinks but we've also been able to bring our own bottles of wine for our big event.
Now, let's talk about the food: ssssoooooo delicious! The variety of dishes and how good and fresh they are, blew my mind. Humus, babaganoush, tabouli, and that's only to talk about the appetizers! Of course I haven't tried everything but I've asked for a copy of their menu so that I can pass an order and sometimes bring a couple of those dishes at home for the family!
And if you feel like it they have a game corner with some backgammon and you can even have a shisha!
I highly recommend this restaurant if you feel like adding a little bit of variety to your everyday routine!

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Its hard to believe this place is not packed with people every time I eat here. The food is very fresh, delicious, and the service is "lagos great". Anyone who dines in Lagos knows service can be frustrating due to language and cultural differences. You can order 4-8 items for 2 people, enjoy it and take the rest home. The prices are commensurate with the portions. The ambience is nice and soothing feeling like you've stumbled into an old, brick interior business off the streets of a local suq. They've decorated with interesting, historical art, camel bags, rugs, ancient lighting fixtures and at some point, they will turn on a mix of old and new music with arabic undertones. This will be a weekly regular for our expat assignment while in Lagos.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

You can take this as a private restaurant as you will get a seat anytime you go and also you can choose a good seat, the food and service both are good, they have good selection of food and drinks. They have very nice ambience too.