All reviewsmoore housenice boutique hotelpower generatorprofessional servicethe wi fibusiness triprooms are cleansofitelrenovationnigeriakettlelaundryproscons
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Over the last 3 years I've frequented Moorhouse Ikoyi when on business in Lagos because of it's tranquility and relaxed environment.
All the staff I interact with are attentive and pleasant.
I find their rooms quite spacious and cool with pleasant furnishing.
The meals are good and adequately varied. The menu is not as extensive as my experience elsewhere, but well prepared.
Overall i find it a good retreat....

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex N
Monica A, General Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Mr. Alex N,

Thank you so much for your patronage and for sharing your comments regarding The Moorhouse Ikoyi here in Lagos.
We are happy to know that you enjoy well our hotel and our services.

I will share your comments with our staff, I am very sure this will help encourage them to continue improving in their daily job.

Once again thank you and hope to have you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2018

It was a short visit but remarkable because i like a good work of art which Moorhouse offers. If you want a quiet place to think and relax, yes with good food too, then you can give this place a try. Nice and quiet meeting rooms are also available on site for small group sessions.

Stayed: August 2017
Monica A, General Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Ikechukwu O,

Thank you for your comments regarding The Moorhouse Ikoyi in Lagos during your visit.
It is a pleasure to have nice feedback from our guests.
As you mentioned we like to support local artists, being Nigeria so diverse, colorful and full of talent.
We are happy you enjoyed all our services and is our hope to have you back very soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Living in a big and noisy city like Lagos, we came to appreciate small, quiet, and secluded places where to enjoy a few hours of silence.
We use to have diner and lunch from time to time in Moore House and also have organised a few parties and we were very happy with the service and food. My husband organises his business meetings there as no curious eyes, nor loud music.
The hotel is an old granny and definitely needs refurbishment, however we like that it is very clean and the atmosphere is pleasant. I cannot talk about their rooms as have never used one.
They also organise art exhibitions and we were able to aquire some really nice Nigerian artwork.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Monica A, General Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Oana C,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding The Moorhouse Ikoyi in Lagos.
As you mentioned being in a noisy city like Lagos, a hotel that offers this calm and peace is a great opportunity to breath and enjoy the atmosphere.
I am so happy to know that you enjoy our facilities and service, we have started some upgrades in the hotel structure and later on in our entire facilities.
We continue with the monthly exhibitions in order to promote local artists and Nigerian culture that is full of colours and tells a story.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

In my never-ending quest for a decent hotel in Lagos off the mainland, I thought I'd try the Moorhouse. Its backed by an international brand (Accor) so I figured "how bad could it be?"

It turns out quite bad. Its one of those hotels you walk into and say "this must have been nice back in the day". Now its waterdamaged walls, stained carpets, a climate control system that doesn't control the climate well, mildew smell, and an internet that is very poor. The only reason that I didn't give this one star is because the staff is so caring.

I actually didn't wind up staying - two hours after checking in, I decided the hotel wasn't for me, and the manager graciously let me out without paying for a night. The first room had a broken door, so they moved me to another room. This one the a/c didn't work, and they sent up three guys to climb into the ceiling while I sweltered. I decided to go to the bar, which was better, but ultimately realized that I would be very unhappy there.

The main reason I had to leave urgently was that I was getting ready for a long internet phone call, and my speed test on the internet came back as "slow (less than 1mbps)".

The raw material is there - a good garden, nice pool, etc - but it needs to close for a few months and go through a top to bottom refurbishment before I would consider staying there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Marc S
Gabriel T, General Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Marc S

We apology for all the inconveniences you experienced during your short time at The Moorhouse.
We are undergoing a soft refurbishment and we hope soon to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Do not hesitate to contact me on your future trips,

Gabirel Tadros
h2770-gm@accor.com

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Cosy cool place ... but their rooms are tiny with less comfortable bed. I also would have love to have or appreciated a tea/coffee making facilities in room. I didn’t use the bar as there were too many smokers using it .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Monica A, General Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear don Jay

Thank you for your feedback.
We are in a soft refurbishment and hopefully we will have all the rooms set with tea & coffee facilities.

We hope to have you back at The Moorhouse Ikoyi in Lagos.

Monica Aguilar