“Interesting experience”
Review of Nike Art Centre

Nike Art Centre
Ranked #1 of 41 things to do in Lagos
More attraction details
Owner description: Nike Art Centre, Lagos, is one of Nigeria's hidden treasures. Located in Lekki, Lagos, the four-story building compromises of an art gallery and textile museum featuring over 7,000 pieces and soon to have Coffee shop. The Centre has a diverse collection of art by a multitude of artists, celebrating Nigeria's talent, offering visitors an insight into all cultures of Nigeria through the medium of art. It can take up to a full day to discover all the Nike Art Centre has to offer. Fortunately, the gallery is open 7 days a week often holding art exhibitions, workshops and cultural days. If you're feeling creative you can take an art course with Nike or go on one of her week-long retreats outside of Lagos in Osun state (Osogbo), Kogi state (Ogidi) and Abuja, all of which you can visit with 'Nike Tours'. The tours offer overnight accommodation at her guesthouses, and partake in creating traditional African crafts such as adire, batik, indigo, beadwork, painting, or carving. Nike Art Centre is an impressive gallery and a must for art lovers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my partner, we were given a very warm welcome by the staff and madam Nike herself! Intrigued by the many pieces of art on display, Nigeria is truly blessed with talent!! I would readily recommend a visit to anyone.

All reviews
"guided tour"
"interesting pieces"
"take pictures"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Went with a few friends to visit the art centre and it is gorgeous. Only had 30 minutes (nowhere near enough time for an art lover, though enough time to take some cool pictures for the gram ;-)), but managed to see some gorgeous pieces and get captivated by the warmth and hospitality of Nike. There was even a local artist present to show some of his works. Didn't get to ask about prices or have enough time to find a piece for my home - so it's definitely on my list of places to visit again! Nike also graciously gave us free beaded key chains. Very lovely and charismatic lady! The centre actively supports local artists.
I wish her assistants were more like her, though. We weren't approached when we came in - not until Nike came into the centre and asked us if we would like a tour.

PS: you should visit the other buildings also! Didn't have time to do this, but Nike recommended it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This being my first time to Lagos, I had to make sure that I stopped by to view and experience the renowned art center -- and I was in for a treat! So many art pieces, all with such amazing stories and detail -- you will not be disappointed. I was so fortunate to meet Mrs. Nike -- a sweet gem she is! And not to mention her staff -- very warm and friendly! We were able to see the annex today as well and the wonderful Yemisi showed us around -- she was great! Definitely hoping to go back before my stay is over!

1  Thank Rorenee
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Just a great experience to visit and peruse the artworks but mostly to meet the owner she is awesome. Definitely make it part of your stay in Lagos