“Nice bar”
Review of Shades Lounge

Shades Lounge
Ranked #145 of 272 Restaurants in Lagos
Price range: USD 6 - USD 14
Description: We pride ourselves as a cozy, friendly and hospitable lounge, hence we are home to people of all races and creed.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nice bar in Victoria island with a large retinue of drinks and meal options.

Offers a sit in and a somewhat covered sit out. Typically prefer to sit out when it is not that hot and humid in Lagos.

Parking can be a problem as there is not that much space for parking. Service is great and there is a lot of attention to detail. Saturday nights are very cool with a live band. Lots of expatriates visit the bar and so also do ladies who want to have a good time.

Overall it is a nice place to hangout with friends.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I decided to celebrate my birthday in Lagos this year and of course last minute me decided tho have a small birthday part gathering. I went on a quest of finding the perfect venue that had a few of the things I liked for my day. With the help of some of my Lagos peeps they introduced me to Shades Lounge. I was so pleasantly suprised , it is located in Victoria Island and easy to get to. I was put in touch with the owner via their resident MC DJ Young 2 days before my event and Elie was a pleasure to work with. He was detailed oriented and very welcoming just by our phone convo. The day of the event 2hr followed up with me to make sure everything will be in order when I arrived.

Fast forward to my arrival, I was welcomed warmly by the staff who whisked my cake to the back kitchen and then walked me into the club where I met Elie. He was warm and the atmosphere of the space is very swank club feel witj an open flow and pretty lights. He had my VIP section already/ prepared and worked with his team to situate our order. The order came out quickly unlike other clubs where they drag there feet and act like they are doing you a favor. His staff was extremly attentive and customer service driven. I never had a moment where my needs were not met from drinks to food. The food is very yummy and well made.

The DJ was great as well playing afrobeat favorites and top #trending songs. The rest rooms were clean and fully stocked. The pictures online dint dio the club justice it is well put together modern decor with an affordable and diverse drink and food choices. If you want to have a good time in Lagos Shades is a definite place to be!

YinkaShades, Public Relations Manager at Shades Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

We are happy you had a great time at our Lounge.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Typical Lounge Bar with some surprises(attractive ones) service, staff, food, drinks, prices decent. Weekend crowded but that's the beauty of it. A must for the single expat in Lagos

Thank you so much for your review.