“Business Lunch”

Craft Gourmet By Lou Baker
Ranked #14 of 275 Restaurants in Lagos
Reviewed 6 October 2017

So first time of eating here, and was really unsure what to expect, especially when i was told its in the shopping mall, but nothing ventured nothing gained, as they say. The place was wonderful !!!! the decor, the seating arrangements, staff were well dressed and obviously well trained, the whole ambiance was relaxing and calm, which is a direct contrast to the hustle and bustle of everyday Lagos life. But what was the food like ? i had a chicken pesto salad and it was wonderful, all the other dishes people were eating around the restaurant looked delicious. Would i return here ? Absolutely. Would i recommend this establishment ? yes, its a great place to eat and meet. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The food at Craft Gourmet is really good. Very tasty, fresh, and no gimmicks: what you read on the menu is what you get. My faves are the salads. I love salads and in Lagos it's a little difficult to find authentic salads (authentic to the recipe and authentic ingredients). My two little kids love the food here as well. Pancakes, sandwiches...There is nothing we have ordered at Craft Gourmet that we did not like. The drinks are a little pricey though... But I definitely recommend!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Craft Gourmet is just beautiful. Large open windows that stream in light. And for nights, the warm lighting of the restaurant is just satisfying. Lovely modern decor and CLEAN! (That's important to point out).

Beside the comforting eating environment, however, the food is quite good. Not fantastic and "greatest thing I've ever had in my life!" But it's tasty.

The pancakes, eggs, and bacon are good! Also the Spicy Shrimp Pasta is pretty good with a good sized portion and the Hummus (though my mom finds the hummus too Spicy, but I disagree).

I'm not particularly a big fan of the Chicken and Waffles simply because I truly dislike the chicken (and the piece I got was literally all bone and "crisp"). I can pass on that. The French fries, too, are also not my taste. They're very soft and soggy almost, but some may like this in French fries, but not me. They're homemade and trust me they taste exactly like that. I prefer the sweet potato fries than the regular ones.

All in all, I'd recommend Craft Gourmet if you're looking for a nice spot with a beautiful ambience and good food!

Note to First Timers: Take a risk! Try something you've never had before. We made the mistake of "staying in our comfort zone" for quite a while and when we ventured out, it was pure bliss.

Also Note: In taking that "risk" if you don't like what you've had, well... too bad, really. In Nigeria, restaurants abhor taking back a meal you "don't like" and Craft Gourmet is among that list. We asked the lovely owner (the woman) what do we do if we don't like what we've chosen? She simply responded: "There's nothing we can do." ‍♀️ Pity but what can ya say...

2  Thank Kryssie10
Tarekbaker, Owner at Craft Gourmet By Lou Baker, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

You said that in Nigeria restaurants abhor taking back a meal you "don't like".You came and the restaurant was full. You had to wait to be seated. While waiting, you said something like "what if I don't like what I'll take". You were worried about getting heavy pancakes. You said that you go in international hotels in Lagos but you always find them very heavy and not fluffy. The answer was "I love pancakes, I have been working a lot on the recipe to make sure that they are light and fluffy". Our waiter came back with a smile in the kitchen to tell us that you enjoyed your pancakes. I came at the end and told you that I was glad that you enjoyed them. At the end, this is the feedback that we get from you. In which restaurant in the world do we enter and ask this question "what if I don't like it?". This is not a supermarket and there is no "satisfied or money back guarantee". Our customers know that we usually take their feedback seriously but not all cristicism are constructive criticism.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I had dinner with a friend at Craft Gourmet and the service, ambience, and food authenticity was great. The Alcoholic Chapman was great too. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Probably one of the best restaurants in Lagos based on my experiences there so far and I have been a number of times. Never failed to exceed my expectations given what is available in Lagos. Food tastes great and is well presented and served in good time, service is generally above average and ambience is great. Seating is comfy too! (trust me this is important) Please please please keep it up!