“Nice swimming spot, but crowdy”
Review of Ojo de Agua

Ojo de Agua
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 160.00*
and up
Ometepe Island Day Trip from Managua
More attraction details
Owner description: Ojo de Agua is a Natural Spring swimming hole where you can swim and relax in clear, pure, medicinal and healthy fresh water of volcanic origin. This is a place to enjoy the environment surrounded by Nature with lots of birds, butterflies, squirrels, iguanas, and many trees all around. While you are here you can also have meals, cocktails or just coconut water, and you can have a banana tour or ride a horse. Welcome.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It is a very scenic spot, but not really undiscovered... many many people while we were here. They were also making new buildings, so it was noisy.

All reviews
"refreshing dip"
"nice swimming"
"hot afternoon"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It's known by those who know me that I like warm water to swim in. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys a dip in a frigid pool. So, when I went to Ojo de Agua, which is gorgeous, mind you, I found the water to be, well, a surprise. It was a bit cold for my taste. But, the place is just beautiful and I would not allow the chilly water to deter me from having a good time.

I spent a few hours here with my wife, daughter and friend and it was a nice place to spend a day. The restaurant on site is insanely expensive, though. Bring some food if you can.

There are hammocks and seats all around to relax in. There's also a wonderful view of the volcanoes from the miradors near the parking lot. Make sure to hike up there and take a look.

1  Thank Josh A
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had a nice swim here. Even though you're on an island in the middle of a giant lake I didn't find the lake very inviting for swimming so the springs was nice for that. It's a bit developed for my taste. Coming from Florida we have many beautiful springs that are more natural. That said I can't complain about a comfy chair to sit in and a fresh coconut full of rum. They had a rope swing that looked fun but I wasn't feeling very brave that day. We took a chicken bus here so it was a bit of a walk to get to but it was a very enjoyable and shaded walk. I'd go again if I'm ever back on Ometepe.

1  Thank jenfogg73
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was the tale of two experiences. My wife enjoyed the relaxation, sitting poolside, dappled by the sun, watching the birds put on a show in the trees above. I, on the other hand, enjoyed doing the Tarzan swing into the water over and over again. You could say that Ojo de Agua has something for everyone.