See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2015

The hotel rooms are okay, bathroom a little dated and the bed was okay, but not great. Quit location outside town. Nice swimming pool area and clean swimming pool which is excellent for relaxation after some days in the sand.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Read negative reviews of this place and find it difficult to believe. The staff was so helpful upon our late afternoon arrival. It was hot, we were tired. The lobby is large and welcoming, the staff delightful, our rooms large and comfortable, bathrooms clean and functional. The beautiful pool was the answer to our dreams after 2 days in the Sahara. Spent the afternoon enjoying the patio & pool with refreshments provided. Dinner was served that evening on the patio - rose petals adorned our table. The food was typical of Morocco - beautiful Moroccan salad, flavorful brochettes, beautiful couscous and vegetables, fresh fruit for dessert. Moroccan breakfast on the patio. Our stay was just the one night, but would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Request rooms overlooking the pool.....beautiful balcony and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I was recently trying to book a room at Chez Ali in Zagora (a place I know well and have reviewed) using Booking.com and to my astonishment, my reservation turned out to be with a completely different place, NOT in Zagora, but outside of Tagounite. When I tried to cancel the reservation (and the exorbitant fee for doing so) I had to phone long distance to the UK to Booking.com AND have a long phone conversation with the owner/manager of the place in Tagounite, who finally waived the fee and admitted yes, he was NOT in Zagora, but he could get me into a really good hotel in Zagora called The Perle Du Draa. he got very angry when I declined. So, beware of Bivouac du Draa and its sister hotel in Zagora, The Perle du Draa, and BEWARE of Booking.com who appear NOT to check the bona fides of their commercial clients.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Tiamat611
Reviewed 20 December 2012

One of the larger hotels in the area. No renovation since opening in 2000. Showers not always working. Conveniently placed on board of the road to the desert, but far away from city center. Food is mediocre

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We stopped in this hotel for lunch on our way to Zagora. Lovely hotel lobby with Morroccan tiles and big fountain (though no water flowing this time of year). Big painted map of the South of Morrocco and sites to see on the entrance walls. Had a lovely lunch by the pool (not heated). Very clean.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family