See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2016

The property is a restored kasbah. Well decorated accordingly to its heritage and evolving culture.

We arrived around 16h30. We were really tired after a long car journey.
The access to the hall of the lodge was in the middle of a long dark corridor with a muddy floor.
The manager/cook/front officer (the only staff we saw during our stay) greeted us.
He was polite. Showed us the room, asked us if we would have dinner there for 10€ each (to which we said yes) and then offered us tea in the terrace.
We went back to the car to pick our stuff, left it in the room and had to search for this terrace.
We expected to be shown the place (since it was this ancient building). Didn't happen.
After the tea we went for a walk around the premises. In the palmerie. Not very impressive.
We went back inside around 18h. Because we were so tired, we said we would do a nap before dinner and settled dinner time for 19h30.
The room was on the ground floor, contiguous to the main hall.
We couldn't sleep though, because in that hall there were some guys (not guest. there were only us and other couple that night) talking, drinking tea, praying and talking on their phones. Around 19h15 they left. No idea who they were.
At 19h30 dinner was served. We were served salad, a vegetable's tagine and chicken tagine. We were astonished to see the chicken portion. It was less than what you would serve to one person. We were 2.
It was our 6th day in Morocco and at that point we were certain that that meal wasn't worth 200Dh.
We took a shower. There wasn't soap or any other amenity in the room.
Tired as we were, we decided to let it go and go to bed.
The mattress was awful!
The next day we woke up and hoped to have breakfast at 8h00 as settled. We had a long journey ahead to Marrakesh and were desperately willing to leave that place.
Breakfast was served 15 minutes after 8h00. It was fine.
We then picked our stuff and prepared to pay. When I was handing the money for the stay and dinner, I told the manager/cook/front officer that I was paying for it but that we felt the meal wasn't worth the cost.
Abruptly, the guy said he didn't wan't the money for the dinner and gave it back. We were astonished with the rudeness. He just wouldn't listen. He screamed that nobody had ever tell him that and that he's in the business for love and not for money.
We left. When we did, he closed the door with tremendous force.
Unbelievable...

Sir, I don't know if you're the manager, owner, simple employee, but if you're not in the business for the money, you should! Hospitality IS a business! And after all, you're charging more than some places we've stayed in Morocco, for a much worst service.
And love? I had never paid to be treated so badly..

I could forget the access to the building, not being shown around, the mattress and even the strangers hanging around like they were in their houses. I cannot let it pass the rudeness when as a customer I politely complain about something and you're so disrespectful...

Room tip: choose another hotel
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay very much. Good dinner, breakfast and friendly atmosphere. Would recommend this place for future travellers! Also nice is the adjacent little museum about life in a ksar.
Not very much else to add anymore.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Great 300-400 years old Kasbah, restored in a very nice, cosy and authentic way without being a fake folkloristic place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Located in an old village near a huge Palmeraie. Definitely a recommendation if you look for a place to stay when you are in Zagora or heading to the desert near M'hamid. Mustafa, the manager of the hotel, can also arrange trips to the desert (Erg Chegaga etc.).

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthias L
Reviewed 18 December 2015

Where to start... The Kasbah is perfectly located in a nice, quite small village. Altough it is about 8 km from the center of Zagora, the owner Mustapha picked me up at the bus station, and was always willing to drive me for free!

The Kasbah has beautifull, big and clean rooms with a western standard bathroom and sun-heated water! The rooms itself are very cosy, comfortable and authentic. The eye-catcher is the rooftop with an amazing view over the Palmerie. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or watching stars at night.

Altough I was the only guest on my first night (another family joined the second night) I was treated like a king. I was served delicious, traditional Moroccan food (3 courses for lunch and diner). Mustapha was all the time available to make my stay unforgettable. He took me for a walk in the palmerie, which is very nice to do together with a local. Also he arranged an overnight desert trip (one of the best experiences of my life so far) and when I came back we went to a local Hamam together.

I really trusted Mustapha, and because of him I was able to experience the "real" and authentic Morocco with local people. I will come back, for sure!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sander S
Reviewed 2 December 2015

Arrived with 2 motorcycles, to make sure the would be still there the next day we could park them in the restaurant. Comfortable place, nice atmosphere and good food in very old Kasbah. At the back you find a palmeria, Zagora is appr 15 km furher.

Room tip: wifi on terrace and hall
Date of stay: October 2015